WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

The Oil Spill

Go down 
+4
Clairvoyant
C1
ScoutsHonor
incognito
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

The Oil Spill - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Need I say more?

I still have my doubts about the Iceland eruption. Not the actual event but how they managed it. And now this. Reports range from the pipe rupturing when the rig toppled all the way to N Korea using torpedoes. I just saw and image showing the spill covering most of the gulf. That is of course if that is what's really happening. They can say anything, doctor maps, present eye witnesses, oil soaked birdies you name it to support their story. Seems to me they already cleared out LA pretty well after the levee breach. I've read woo woo stuff elsewhere predicting a huge diaspora that is to happen due to an event. Maybe they're going to give the gulf sates to China. Just thinking out loud...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/oil-spill-tripled-in-size_n_560883.html

The PTB never waste a crisis. We're in the problem phase now I've heard reports of SWAT teams on rigs (whatever that means) but I haven't seen much managing of the reaction other than soft shoeing the severity of the gusher in the media. I wonder if they'll EVER get this thing capped...

So folks, what will be the glorious overlord's solution to this one?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2010, 5:18 pm

My dear friend cheapseats twitters on...

All "sides" agree SYSTEM IS BROKEN. What brand of INSANITY imagines reliable information emanates from a BROKEN SYSTEM POPULATED BY LIARS?

http://twitter.com/MindOfMo
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:34 am

I've been successful propagating this video and engaging people in discussions about Baudrillard and his Simulacrum on FB today and yesterday.

Not letting a (fake) crisis go to waste... Hah!

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 7:07 am

incognito wrote:
I've been successful propagating this video and engaging people in discussions about Baudrillard and his Simulacrum on FB today and yesterday.

Not letting a (fake) crisis go to waste... Hah!

Ya know, this guy's voice sounds very much like the guy from the "Love Police" - is his name Charlie Veitch (?). Anyhow, EXCELLENT video,
Incog- :-)
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 10:27 am

This guy bring out some interesting points.

I don't buy into the claim that they've "opened up an asphalt volcano", as I think the entire event is faked, but I think the attack on welfare reliant african americans has real merit, along with the fact that they want to turn over fishing to the Chinese and takeover all that beautiful beachfront land at pennies-on-the dollar.

I do, however, totally get turned-off by all the Alex Jones terminology these guys use, like NWO, criminal conspiracy and stuff like that. It just falls into the trap of I'm a crazy nut so don't listen to me. This can be explained in a much more mainstream manner, which makes me wonder about the agenda here, for the counter arguments always have to be delivered in a non-credible style so as to not be believable by the mainstream.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 12:16 pm

C1 wrote:
This guy bring out some interesting points.

I don't buy into the claim that they've "opened up an asphalt volcano", as I think the entire event is faked, but I think the attack on welfare reliant african americans has real merit, along with the fact that they want to turn over fishing to the Chinese and takeover all that beautiful beachfront land at pennies-on-the dollar.

I do, however, totally get turned-off by all the Alex Jones terminology these guys use, like NWO, criminal conspiracy and stuff like that. It just falls into the trap of I'm a crazy nut so don't listen to me. This can be explained in a much more mainstream manner, which makes me wonder about the agenda here, for the counter arguments always have to be delivered in a non-credible style so as to not be believable by the mainstream.

I agree with all of your points; I should have bothered to listen to the video all the way through (which I didn't - it being late at night.) Concur completely, though....(NO, I DON'T think they've opened up a volcano!!!)

Cool
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 1:04 pm

I'm seeing a shift in thinking on FB. There's quite a few that are questioning the whole thing like "how do we REALLY know any of it's happening..." There is a bit of a paradigm shift happening. This video, despite the stuff you mentioned is a move in the right direction. I make sure to link the 'What is a Simulacrum Thread', often.
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 4:28 pm

incognito wrote:
I'm seeing a shift in thinking on FB. There's quite a few that are questioning the whole thing like "how do we REALLY know any of it's happening..." There is a bit of a paradigm shift happening. This video, despite the stuff you mentioned is a move in the right direction. I make sure to link the 'What is a Simulacrum Thread', often.
Overall, I agree that the video is a net-positive.

If you're noticing this shift then so are they, and we're going to soon see propaganda designed to vector this path. I'm not sure how they're going to usurp this thinking yet, but I imagine we'll see evidence of this by the end of next week.

It's possible that that CNN door shadow video was an effort along those lines. By providing a video that appealed to the conspiracy theorist but that could be ultimately debunked as a computer screen reflection, they have damaged the conspiracy theorist's credibility to the mainstream. Watch for more like this, and be careful not to fall into any traps.

PS. Do you know if people you are communicating with are reading this thread?

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

Thanks, C1. I thought of them tailoring the content based on thought movement from your last post. Good point about the door reflection. I don't know if we have FB visitors to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Unmutual

Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2010, 8:53 pm

Having been referred to the movie The Killing Room by another thread here, I believe that I now have a more clear perspective on manufactured events such as these. It's clearer to me now that a deliberate psychological response is sought in society, and that stresses of this type have obviously been found in the lab to create the desired end response and behavioral patterns. As I watched the Killing Room, I saw that each input into the experiment participants was scientifically planned, meant to push the experiment participants down a specific path. I view the propaganda being delivered to the public, either via mainstream media or other sources, as no different than the inputs planned in the Killing Room. We're headed down a dangerous path by allowing these inputs to impact us, and I'm not clear that we will be able to deviate from this path at some point in the future. It's worth your while to watch one of the movies listed in the Killing Room thread, and to see what you take away from it. But I'm more concerned than ever now about continuing to allow their planned events infiltrate our psyche.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 11:20 am

Unmutual wrote:
Having been referred to the movie The Killing Room by another thread here, I believe that I now have a more clear perspective on manufactured events such as these. It's clearer to me now that a deliberate psychological response is sought in society, and that stresses of this type have obviously been found in the lab to create the desired end response and behavioral patterns. As I watched the Killing Room, I saw that each input into the experiment participants was scientifically planned, meant to push the experiment participants down a specific path. I view the propaganda being delivered to the public, either via mainstream media or other sources, as no different than the inputs planned in the Killing Room. We're headed down a dangerous path by allowing these inputs to impact us, and I'm not clear that we will be able to deviate from this path at some point in the future. It's worth your while to watch one of the movies listed in the Killing Room thread, and to see what you take away from it. But I'm more concerned than ever now about continuing to allow their planned events infiltrate our psyche.

What would be the best way to respond then, in your opinion? Do you think we should avoid almost cpmpletely all current movies, TV, etc.? Or, do you think, if we are sufficiently mentally prepared, we will be able to withstand their propaganda onslaught successfully?

My own opinion leans towards the latter. I think understanding their techniques, defeats them.
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 4:01 pm

Explorer wrote:
Unmutual wrote:

What would be the best way to respond then, in your opinion? Do you think we should avoid almost cpmpletely all current movies, TV, etc.? Or, do you think, if we are sufficiently mentally prepared, we will be able to withstand their propaganda onslaught successfully?

My own opinion leans towards the latter. I think understanding their techniques, defeats them.
Personally, I am unable to combat their inputs except under highly controlled and limited circumstances. Therefore, my approach has been to turn off, and keep off, as much as I can for as long as I can. I only watch video in very short doses, usually less than 30 minutes at a time, so that I can stay fresh and highly analytical. And video that I do watch is usually carefully selected, choosing titles that I think will provide me with insight into their thinking.

The entertainment value of their media is now totally lost on me, as all I see is the programming. So, what once used to be an enjoyable experience for me is just the opposite. Hence, I do not miss it.

Not knowing the "news" has been one of the most eye opening and enjoyable decisions of my life. I'm just so much happier now that I have almost totally shut them off. If it wasn't for this forum, I'm not sure I would have known about this oil spill.

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 9:03 pm

Thanks for sharing this.

Thankfully, I still have AMC (the movie channel) to turn to, where I can see some wonderful old movies. I will Not be seeing any of the current films, and *particularly* will I NEVER see "Avatar" - nor anything where their diabolical gadgets can be put to use.

As far as the "news" goes, I may glance at it but it's impossible to watch it anyway without feeling my mind going completely to shreds. Ugh.

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2010, 10:47 pm

I try watch the news with bemused detachment. Admittedly I get caught up in events here and there (!) but I always return here for some of Baudrillard's lovin'. It has a very real 'grounding' effect on me.
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2010, 10:44 pm

The latest media is drumming up fear about the levels of Methane in the Gulf. A team of academics has just returned from 10-days and they are fanning the flames.

Gulf gas: BP oil spill increases methane in Gulf waters
http://www.csmonitor.com/From-the-news-wires/2010/0618/Gulf-gas-BP-oil-spill-increases-methane-in-Gulf-waters

Quote :
"This is the most vigorous methane eruption in modern human history," Kessler said.

So, I got a copy of what Texas A&M Professor Kessler has actually published so far, which is this 1-1/2 page Word doc. I was told that this is all that has been officially released to date.

Not much here, really, except for the part that I've highlighted in red. Now, this is interesting, but of course buried in the hysteria over Methane speculation. When BP dumped all the Corexit in the water, did they actually kill all the Microorganisms that would have naturally consumed the excess gases from the spill? Is that what is causing the high levels of Methane, if in fact any of this exists in the first place?

The lies are coming in so hard and fast now, any baseline over any reality is lost.

Quote :
Background material for the PLUMES Research Expedition
Dr. John Kessler, Oceanography, College of Geosciences

Funding for the original proposal
http://nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward.do?AwardNumber=1042650

Methane background and talking points

1. Of the spilling material, 40% by weight is natural gas.
2. The main chemical component of this natural gas is methane.
3. Methane is a very potent greenhouse gas and the seafloor worldwide
stores massive amounts of methane.
4. This spill is too small to influence the methane content in the
atmosphere and thus will not influence modern climate.
5. Massive eruptions of natural gas from the seafloor have occurred in
the geological past and this spill simulates one of those eruptions.
Thus we can study this spill to understand if these previous (natural)
massive eruptions in the past influenced climate and how they might
behave in the future.
6. Microorganisms in the water eat natural gas and methane. This
process consumes oxygen dissolved in the water
. We will measure how
much oxygen is being removed by natural gas and methane in the waters of
the Gulf.

Sent from the R/V Cape Hatteras, June 18, 2010
Initial and Tentative Findings from the PLUMES (Persistent Localized
Underwater Methane Emission Study) research expedition to the oil spill area in the Gulf of Mexico, onboard the R/V Cape Hatteras from June 11-20, 2010.

A team of scientists lead by Dr. John D. Kessler (Texas A&M University
College Station), with significant contributions by Dr. David Valentine
(University of California Santa Barbara) and Dr. Rainer Amon (Texas A&M
University Galveston) are concluding a 10-day study of natural gas and oil
emitted from the broken riser pipe of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of
Mexico. The team, funded primarily by the National Science Foundation with
additional support from the Department of Energy, investigated how natural
gas and oil might contribute to emission of greenhouse gases and the
depletion of oxygen in this region. They sailed upon the research vessel
Cape Hatteras, owned by NSF and operated by the Duke University/University
of North Carolina Marine Consortium. The team is assembling maps of surface
and deepwater plumes of oil and natural gas based on their preliminary
results. Several localized plumes of hydrocarbons exist in the bottom third
of the ocean water, as evidenced by sensor readings and shipboard chemical
analyses. Natural gas dissolved in waters below 3000 feet depth is
displaying substantial increases above background. The ramifications of
these findings are the topics of their current studies and must await many
additional analyses and calculations before final results are available.

Science magazine article about the research
http://news.sciencemag.org/scienceinsider/2010/06/what-the-gulf-disaster-could-tel.html

Dr. Kesslier’s biographic information
http://ocean.tamu.edu/profile/JKessler
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm

Analysis: Doing nothing might have been best for oil spill
LONDON
Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:21pm EDT

(Reuters) - It might have been better for the environment to have
done nothing about the enormous oil spill in the
Gulf
of Mexico
except to keep the oil out at sea, British
scientists said on Monday.

Marine biology and environmental experts said they feared the
aggressive cleanup operation, during which oil has been set alight and
oil-dispersing chemicals have been dumped into the sea, might be more
damaging than the oil itself.

Previous experience suggests that containing the oil out at sea but
otherwise leaving it alone to disperse and evaporate naturally is better
in the long run but is regarded as politically unacceptable, they
said...

..."Economically, clearly the impact has been very large, but
environmentally the jury is still out. One of the tensions between
environment and politics is that politicians cannot be seen to be doing
nothing, even though doing nothing is sometimes the best option."...

...There have been around 20 major spills of more than 20 million
gallons since the 1960s. The largest recent spill was in 1991 in the
Gulf as a result of the Gulf War when between 240 and 460 million
gallons were spilled.

The largest previous spill resulting from a rig blowout like that of
the Deepwater Horizon was the Ixtoc 1 off
Mexico's
Gulf coast in June 1979, which continued for 9 months during which more
than 140 million gallons of oil was spilled.

The Exxon Valdez accident in Alaska in 1989 spilled around 10 million
gallons.

Simon Boxall, an expert at Britain's National Oceanography Center who
has helped analyze various major oil spill cleanups, said several
detailed experiments had been conducted since the Exxon Valdez spill,
looking at areas that were left alone, as well as at areas cleaned up
chemically or mechanically.

"The chemically cleaned up areas have taken the longest to recover
and they are still damaged," Boxall said. "The areas that were left
alone actually recovered much quicker."

Some 10,000 people were flown in to deal with the Exxon Valdez spill,
and Boxall said scientists now wondered whether the "cleanup town" that
grew up around it caused more environmental damage than the oil itself.

Christoph Gertler of Bangor University, who has been studying various
potential bacterial remedies for oil spills, said reports by the U.S.
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration suggested that dispersants
were "changing the nature of the oil in a very unfavorable way," making
it more difficult for naturally occurring marine bacteria to break it
down.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 1:13 pm

Good article. I agree that the dispersants are a major factor in the(ir) overall plan, and will
be the source of some very nasty environmental phenomena (IOW, poisonous fumes!)

JMO...
We will know soon, I guess..

Thanks for posting. Smile
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2010, 3:14 pm

Another manufactured economic bubble for the corporations...
Back to top Go down
Unmutual

Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 5:40 pm

First, the following quote identifies the motive for the BP spill.

Quote :
For a global currency basket to work as the world Reserve Currency, a means must exist to generate many trillions of "dollars" worth of such monetary unit. That means a global financial instrument representing some sort of claim for future payments is required. The combination of a worsening Gulf of Mexico oil disaster plus a Middle East war that shut down the Straights of Hormuz and Iranian oil production would go a long way toward providing the Oil Crisis needed to motivate a global Carbon Tax. That Carbon Tax could be the financial instrument, the source of future income, against which a global currency could be formed.

Second, the US JCOS has publicly admitted in the following document that the US Military is engaged in domestic psychological operations in order to manipulate the public mind.

PSYOPS Manual Revised Joint Publication 3-13.2
published Jan 07, 2010
http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/new_pubs/jp3_13_2.pdf

Hence, how can we know then, where the contrivance begins and ends? Aren't all assumptions, about current events and narratives, challenge-able? How can we know that the BP spill was not a psyop event manufactured to manipulate the public into agreeing to a global Carbon Tax?
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 7:20 pm

From the What are Taxes For thread, we see the following:
Quote :
Federal taxes can be made to serve four principal purposes of a social
and economic character. These purposes are:

1. As an instrument of fiscal policy to help stabilize the purchasing power of the dollar;
  2. To express public policy in the distribution of
    wealth and of income, as in the case of the progressive income and
    estate taxes;
  3. To express public policy in subsidizing or in
    penalizing various industries and economic groups;
  4. To isolate and assess directly the costs of certain national benefits, such as highways and social security.

So, you're right to say that a global Carbon Tax is necessary to support the creation of a global currency, for the global debt-based currency is solely dependent on credit and collection from the global community:
Quote :
For a global currency basket to work as the world Reserve Currency, a
means must exist to generate many trillions of "dollars" worth of such
monetary unit. That means a global financial instrument representing
some sort of claim for future payments is required. The combination of a
worsening Gulf of Mexico oil disaster plus a Middle East war that shut
down the Straights of Hormuz and Iranian oil production would go a long
way toward providing the Oil Crisis needed to motivate a global
Carbon Tax
. That Carbon Tax could be the financial instrument,
the source of future income, against which a global currency could be
formed
This all just makes so much sense now.

There's the motive for the Gulf Oil Spill OP: it's being used to ram through Carbon offset legislation that will facilitate the creation of a global debt-based currency system that the international cabal can milk from here until eternity.

Hey, how come we didn't learn this on Alex Jones? Smile

Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:33 pm

A little predictive programming from 1966.

Thunderbirds TV Show,
Atlantic Inferno

"http://www.fanderson.org.uk/epguides/tbirds2eg.html#Episode One"

Jeff reluctantly accepts an invitation to holiday with Lady Penelope at her farm in Bonga Bonga, Australia, leaving Scott in temporary command of International Rescue. Meanwhile, the World Navy is testing gyropedoes in the Atlantic but one of their missiles goes wild, exploding on the sea-bed and igniting a gas field beneath the crust, throwing up a huge column of fire which endangers the crew of the drilling rig Seascape. Scott dispatches Gordon in Thunderbird 4 to cap the escaping gas with a sealing device, putting out the flame, but Jeff is furious as he does not believe that the situation warranted International Rescue's involvement. However, the gas field remains ignited beneath the sea-bed and another burst fractures one of the rig's legs. Crewmen Hooper and O'Shea submerge in a diving bell to check the damage, but a third explosion causes the the rig to slip further and the diving bell crashes to the sea-bed trapping Hooper and O'Shea inside!

Back to top Go down
Silent Wind

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 10:58 pm

Every heard of Asphalt Volcano? Read this blog and see what you think about the oil spill.

http://www.thegic.org/profiles/blogs/asphalt-volcano-amp-bp

The sites mission statement is something to be dealt with IMO but this is just offered for your reading as to another story which is different from the rest that I have seen in this thread.

Last edited by Silent Wind on Fri 09 Jul 2010, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added last line after looking at mission statement)
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 1:11 am

Tar balls from oil spill found on Bolivar coastline
By HARVEY RICE and PURVA PATEL
Copyright 2010 HOUSTON CHRONICLE
July 5, 2010, 11:36PM

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7094982.html

Quote :
About a dozen tar balls that washed ashore on Crystal Beach were identified Monday as oil from the BP well blowout in the Gulf of Mexico, the first evidence that oil from the spill has reached the Texas coastline.

But it was unclear whether the oil from the blowout dropped off a passing ship or drifted nearly 400 miles.

Quote :
RoShelle Gaskins, a spokeswoman for the Galveston Island Convention & Visitors Bureau, said the key is figuring out how the tar balls got on the beach. Officials said tar balls are common along the Texas coast because of natural seepage from the Gulf or from small oil spills.

Quote :
Woodring said the condition of the tar balls didn’t look like they had drifted all the way from the Macondo well.

They were “inconsistent with the weathering pattern that would be expected,” he said. “To travel 400 miles is going to take a long time,” during which the oil would be expected to break down.

Quote :
Officials were investigating whether the tar balls were from oil that clung to the hull of a ship passing through the BP oil slick or were from ballast water taken on by a ship in the oil slick zone and later dumped in Texas waters, Woodring said.
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 3:17 pm

More than oil to worry about now?

"More information on the 42 million gallons of dispersant used in the Gulf"

"Previous reports
have put the amount of dispersants used at between 1-2 million gallons
(25,000-50,000 barrels)."

That is a fuck ton of chemicals to be dumping in the ocean.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 3:35 pm

The Oil Spill - Page 6 Edith_bowman_465x370
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 7:04 pm

Here's an interesting data point. My standard disclaimer applies.

http://www.associazionegeofisica.it/OilSpill.pdf

RISK OF GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE BY BP OIL SPILL
Gianluigi Zangari
Frascati National Laboratories (LNF) - National Institute of Nuclear Physics (INFN)
Frascati 00044, Via E. Fermi, 40, ITALY
Correspondence to: Gianluigi Zangari Email: gianluigi.zangari@lnf.infn.it
Abstract: BP

Abstract: BP Oil Spill may cause an irreparable damage to the Gulf
Stream global climate thermoregulation activity.

The Gulf Stream importance in the global climate thermoregulation processes
is well assessed. The latest real time satellite (Jason, Topex/Poseidon, Geosat
Follow-On, ERS-2, Envisat) data maps of May-June 2010 processed by CCAR1,2
(Colorado Center for Astrodynamics Research), checked at Frascati
Laboratories by the means of the SHT congruent calculus3 and compared with
past years data, show for the first time a direct evidence of the rapid breaking
of the Loop Current, a warm ocean current, crucial part of the Gulf Stream.
As displayed both by the sea surface velocity maps and the sea surface height
maps, the Loop Current broke down for the first time around May 18th and
generated a clock wise eddy, which is still active (see Fig. 1).

continued at link above...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oil Spill
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Culture & Media-
Jump to: