WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

The Oil Spill

Go down 
+4
Clairvoyant
C1
ScoutsHonor
incognito
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

The Oil Spill - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Need I say more?

I still have my doubts about the Iceland eruption. Not the actual event but how they managed it. And now this. Reports range from the pipe rupturing when the rig toppled all the way to N Korea using torpedoes. I just saw and image showing the spill covering most of the gulf. That is of course if that is what's really happening. They can say anything, doctor maps, present eye witnesses, oil soaked birdies you name it to support their story. Seems to me they already cleared out LA pretty well after the levee breach. I've read woo woo stuff elsewhere predicting a huge diaspora that is to happen due to an event. Maybe they're going to give the gulf sates to China. Just thinking out loud...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/oil-spill-tripled-in-size_n_560883.html

The PTB never waste a crisis. We're in the problem phase now I've heard reports of SWAT teams on rigs (whatever that means) but I haven't seen much managing of the reaction other than soft shoeing the severity of the gusher in the media. I wonder if they'll EVER get this thing capped...

So folks, what will be the glorious overlord's solution to this one?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 10:53 am

N.B. There are hidden pieces to this puzzle involving pending Offshore Lease Sales in the Gulf of Mexico, covering many thousands of acres -- which contracts are now in suspension, due to the disastrous accident. This is a complicated issue indeed, with many of the relevant issues un-covered and undiscussed....below the surface--in other words--

ST. PETERSBURG, Florida -- The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has extended the closed fishing area in the Gulf of Mexico to match the Louisiana state waters closure west of the current boundaries, and to incorporate an area in the southwest with reported oil.

The closed area now represents 54,096 sq mi (140,107 sq km), just over 22% of Gulf of Mexico federal waters, according to NOAA reports.

Link to hi-res PDF maps and article:
http://www.offshore-mag.com/offshore/en-us/index/article-tools-template.articles.offshore.deepwater-horizon.deepwater-horizon11.html
Back to top Go down
Unmutual

Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 1:55 pm

It's a full court press on US Industry. Nothing escapes the globalist's goal to shut down America industry. They're trying to break-us.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 3:52 pm

Wait, there's more!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OIL_SPILL_NEW_PLUME?SITE=MAFIT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

APNewsBreak: New, giant sea oil plume seen in Gulf

By MATTHEW BROWN and JASON DEAREN

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Marine scientists have discovered a massive new plume of what they believe to be oil deep beneath the Gulf of Mexico, stretching 22 miles from the leaking wellhead northeast toward Mobile Bay, Alabama.

The discovery by researchers on the University of South Florida College of Marine Science's Weatherbird II vessel is the second significant undersea plume recorded since the Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20.

The thick plume was detected just beneath the surface down to about 3,300 feet, and is more than 6 miles wide, said David Hollander, associate professor of chemical oceanography at the school.

Hollander said the team detected the thickest amount of hydrocarbons, likely from the oil spewing from the blown out well, at about 1,300 feet in the same spot on two separate days this week.

The discovery was important, he said, because it confirmed that the substance found in the water was not naturally occurring and that the plume was at its highest concentration in deeper waters. The researchers will use further testing to determine whether the hydrocarbons they found are the result of dispersants or the emulsification of oil as it traveled away from the well.

The first such plume detected by scientists stretched from the well southwest toward the open sea, but this new undersea oil cloud is headed miles inland into shallower waters where many fish and other species reproduce.

The researchers say they are worried these undersea plumes may are the result of the unprecedented use of chemical dispersants to break up the oil a mile undersea at the site of the leak.

Hollander said the oil they detected has dissolved into the water, and is no longer visible, leading to fears from researchers that the toxicity from the oil and dispersants could pose a big danger to fish larvae and filter feeders such as sperm whales.

"There are two elements to it," Hollander said. "The plume reaching waters on the continental shelf could have a toxic effect on fish larvae, and we also may see a long term response as it cascades up the food web."
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 11:15 pm

This is interesting. From Anderson Cooper. Kind of funny that guy, like William Cooper in a disinfo/propaganda kinda way...

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 12:37 am

Unmutual wrote:
It's a full court press on US Industry. Nothing escapes the globalist's goal to shut down America industry. They're trying to break-us.

I agree. Still, they usually manage to combine at least two :-( destructive goals in any particular play that they run. They like to get their money's worth. So I suspect that here, they get to destroy an important industry while also (seemingly) slicing up the Gulf of Mexico as though it was a piece of pie...with regard to the oil lease contracts. (But this is just conjecture on my part. at this point.)

Also, let us not forget that Agenda 21 is served well by this destruction in these Gulf states. Pretty horrifying trend, here.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 12:46 am

incognito wrote:
This is interesting. From Anderson Cooper. Kind of funny that guy, like William Cooper in a disinfo/propaganda kinda way...

Which guy are you talking about?-- I really like the way Cooper's guest handles himself!
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 1:02 am

Isn't Anderson Cooper a Harriman or a Vanderbuilt? He's from one of those big elite families, but of course they keep that fact under wraps.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 1:53 am

C1 wrote:
Isn't Anderson Cooper a Harriman or a Vanderbuilt? He's from one of those big elite families, but of course they keep that fact under wraps.

Yep, Vanderbilt I think.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 1:54 am

Explorer wrote:
incognito wrote:

Which guy are you talking about?-- I really like the way Cooper's guest handles himself!

Hah! I meant Anderson Cooper. Smile
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 3:19 am

Whoa same script again.

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 5:20 am

Guess this guy didn't get Billy's email. I hear the 'unprepared' card getting ready to be played. Again.

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 2:34 pm

Here's some more to add to the neural hopper...

http://pesn.com/2010/05/27/9501657_Gulf_oil_gusher_conspiracy_cover-up/
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 4:56 pm

Reminds me of Clinton "I feel your pain" or, he made a UFO disclosure. LOL

This shit is all so scripted.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100528/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_gulf_oil_spill/print

Obama visits Gulf, says residents 'are not alone'

By DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writer Darlene Superville, Associated Press Writer 57 mins ago

GRAND ISLE, La. – Intent on showing firm command of a deepening Gulf Coast crisis, President Barack Obama inspected a fouled beach, took in what he called "heartbreaking stories" of the catastrophe and declared "we're going to keep at it" until the America's largest-ever oil spill is stopped and cleaned up.

"It's an assault on our shores, on our people, on the regional economy and on communities like this one," said Obama, from this small barrier island town threatened by the massive oil leak. "People are watching their livelihoods wash up on the beach."

With more than 20,000 people already working to contain and clean up the still-gushing crude, Obama announced he was tripling the manpower in places where oil has washed ashore or is about to.

"This is our highest priority and it deserves a response that is equal to the task," he said at a shoreside podium in front of a stretch of sparkling blue, unmarred water. Dolphins and fish could be seen gliding through the water and seabirds frequently fluttered past.

Obama made a promise to coast residents reminiscent of previous presidents speaking after disasters — such as George W. Bush after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

"I'm here to tell you that you are not alone, you will not be abandoned, you will not be left behind," Obama said. "The media may get tired of the story, but we will not. We will be on your side and we will see this through."

He came armed with specific advice for beleaguered locals and the concerned U.S. public.

Acknowledging that storm-battered coastal states have "weathered your fair share of trials and tragedy," he directed those in the region who are filing claims for damages to count on the government — state and federal — to help cut any red tape. He was joined by the governors of Louisiana, Florida and Alabama.

To the public at large, he pleaded for volunteers to join the cleanup and for tourists to flock to the majority of the region's coastline that is untouched.

"One of the most powerful ways you can help the Gulf right now is to visit the coast," the president said.

Rising criticism has been increasingly aimed at Obama and his administration, as crude has continued to spew after an oil rig exploded and sank April 20.

"It's a dog and pony show. What can he really do?" Billy Ward, who comes to his beach house here every weekend, said of Obama's trip. "If he wants to do something, let him get out there and pump some mud and cement into that hole. Just fix it. Help us."

Amid fears the tragedy could engulf his presidency, Obama has launched a more aggressive effort this week to demonstrate that he is engaged.

On Thursday, Obama held a rare White House news conference, saying "I take responsibility" for handling the spill response and acknowledging his team could have done better on several fronts.

On Friday, he flew to the coast for an inspection tour and meetings that lasted about four hours — his second visit in the 39 days of the crisis.

His first stop was a beach where absorbent booms and sandbags have been laid for miles to try to keep more oil from washing ashore. A shirt-sleeved Obama walked down Fourchon Beach to the water's edge, stooping as Adm. Thad Allen of the Coast Guard explained what he was seeing.

Obama called reporters traveling with him to the water's edge and picked up a few pebble-sized tar balls. No other oil was visible. He expressed optimism that such tarballs are easily cleaned up, but emphasized the larger challenge.

"Obviously the concern is that, until we actually stop the flow, we've got problems," the president said.

Obama then went for a formal briefing from Allen, who is overseeing the spill response for the federal government. At intervals along the drive were handwritten wooden signs stuck in the sand with "BEACH CLOSED" in black block letters. One woman held up a sign saying "Clean Up the Gulf."

Early in the morning in advance of the president's arrival, hundreds of workers clad in white jump suits and rubber gloves hit the beaches to dig oily debris from the sand and haul it off. Workers refused to say who hired them, telling a reporter only they were told to keep quiet or lose their jobs.

BP PLC is using what is called a "top kill" procedure to try to stop the leak by pumping in heavy mud. If it doesn't work, something BP says will be known within a couple of days, Obama's political problems will only compound.

Asked as he was walking off if he was confident in the latest fix attempt, the president demurred. "All I can say is we've got the best minds working on it, and we're going to keep on at it."

Locals suffering the effects of the oil that is covering birds and darkening beaches didn't see much coming from Obama's visit.

"He's wasting his time," said Larry Freman as he cleaned around his vacation home in Grand Isle, an area usually packed with tourists for the holiday.

Ward, a developer from Port Allen, was in the midst of building a gated fishing community here when the oil rig exploded. "We can't build this development not knowing if there's going to be any fishing here ever again," he said.

"I like the man, but I personally feel he's only here to please everybody," said Virginia Smith.
Back to top Go down
Silent Wind

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 9:21 pm

He came armed with specific advice for beleaguered locals and the concerned U.S. public.

What nice military/police connotations - armed and beleaguered
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptySat 29 May 2010, 11:49 pm

NaturalNews.com

TOP KILL EFFORT FAILS; OIL DISASTER GROWS

by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, NaturalNews Editor
May 30, 2010

(NaturalNews) BP officials have announced today that the "top kill"
effort to stop the Gulf oil leak has failed. Unanticipated problems
doomed the project, which involved trying to pump tens of thousands of
gallons of mud, shredded rubber tires and other "junk" into the hole to
try to halt the outflow of oil.

At 6pm Saturday evening, BP officials announced the "top kill" effort had
failed and now they were moving on to another plan (more below).

I am on site at the Gulf Coast right now, and while I haven't reached the
areas where oil is washing up on the beaches, I'm learning some
interesting information nonetheless. In particular, finding a hotel
room anywhere near New Orleans has become virtually impossible, as BP
has rented out virtually every available hotel room from St. Charles,
Louisiana all the way to Pensacola, Florida. (I am currently staying in
a fleabag hotel that miraculously has internet access...)

But it raises the question: Where are all these people? I haven't seen a
single BP person anywhere, and I was out on some beaches today filming
editorial segments for NaturalNews. I did see some small watercraft
laying out protective barriers, but I didn't see any BP people anywhere.

I'll keep you posted on what we find tomorrow as we approach the beaches to the East of New Orleans.

Expect more oil for the next 10 weeks

Now that the top kill effort has failed, it means oil will keep
spewing into the Gulf of Mexico until at least August
. That's
when two "pressure release" wells are expected to be completed. The
purpose of these two wells is to siphon off the oil from underneath the
ocean bed, thereby releasing the pressure that's currently pushing
crude oil out of the existing hole under the doomed Deepwater Horizon rig.

This "plan C" effort remains extremely risky, of course. There's no
guarantee it will work at all. And if it fails, this "volcano of oil" could
continue to pollute the Earth's oceans for years. This could, in fact,
be the global killer event I warned about in an earlier story about
this BP oil spill. (http://www.naturalnews.com/028805_G...)

We could be looking at a global-scale environmental catastrophe
that destroys virtually all marine life in the Gulf of Mexico and takes
a century to fully recover. It's really that bad. If they can't stop this
volcano of oil in the next week, we could be looking at the single
most destructive environmental catastrophe ever to strike our planet
since the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Get ready for more chemicals

In the mean time, now that the top kill effort has failed, BP has
announced it is resuming the spraying of chemical dispersants
into the massive oil plumes that remain deep under the surface of the
Gulf of Mexico water. This means more chemicals that will kill
more forms of marine life throughout the Gulf.

But it's not just aquatic life that's being threatened by these
chemicals: BP workers are increasingly being sent to the
hospital
complaining of symptoms like vomiting, dizziness, difficult
breathing and others. The obvious cause of such symptoms is the
huge amount of crude oil bubbling up to the surface (some of which
evaporates into the air) along with the massive injection of chemical
dispersants into the waters (some of which also evaporates). CNN is
reporting that BP claims it is monitoring air quality, but so far BP
has not gone public with any air quality test results.

None of the cleanup workers have been outfitted with chemical masks
that might protect them from the volatile chemicals now present in the
Gulf waters. Yet CNN is reporting that the warning label on the chemical
product made by NALCO states:
"Avoid breathing vapor."

The EPA, meanwhile, remains silent on this whole issue. Remember: It
is the EPA that ordered BP to stop using its selected brand of chemical
dispersant, but BP utterly ignored the EPA and continues to dump that
very same chemical into the Gulf of Mexico right now.

A chemical attack on America

What we are watching here, folks, is very nearly a chemical attack
on America by BP and the oil industry. It's hard to say what's worse: The
oil or the chemical dispersants. In fact, no one knows the answer to
that question, and it can't even be studied by scientists because the
disaster keeps growing by the day.

This is one environmental catastrophe that just keeps getting worse,
and the cost to the marine ecosystem is incalculable. And that's not to
even mention the economic cost to the region and all the people who
depend on life in the Gulf of Mexico for their own livelihoods. Their
lives are now being destroyed by this oil drilling catastrophe.

If there's one lesson that comes from all this, it is a reminder of
the immense value Mother Nature provides us each and every day
at no charge. The VALUE of a healthy ocean is incalculable. And
the COST of killing it may be more than what human civilization can bear.

I suppose this resolves the whole question of what's more important:
The environment or the economy? As we're rudely discovering today,
the economy cannot exist without protecting the environment
first.

http://www.naturalnews.com/028893_top_kill_Gulf_Coast.html

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 4:35 am

http://www.eutimes.net/2010/05/toxic-oil-spill-rains-warned-could-destroy-north-america/print/

Toxic Oil Spill Rains Warned Could Destroy North America

A dire report prepared for President Medvedev by Russia’s Ministry of Natural Resources is warning today that the British Petroleum (BP) oil and gas leak in the Gulf of Mexico is about to become the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent with “total destruction”.

Russian scientists are basing their apocalyptic destruction assessment due to BP’s use of millions of gallons of the chemical dispersal agent known as Corexit 9500 which is being pumped directly into the leak of this wellhead over a mile under the Gulf of Mexico waters and designed, this report says, to keep hidden from the American public the full, and tragic, extent of this leak that is now estimated to be over 2.9 million gallons a day.

The dispersal agent Corexit 9500 is a solvent originally developed by Exxon and now manufactured by the Nalco Holding Company of Naperville, Illinois that is four times more toxic than oil (oil is toxic at 11 ppm (parts per million), Corexit 9500 at only 2.61ppm). In a report written by Anita George-Ares and James R. Clark for Exxon Biomedical Sciences, Inc. titled “Acute Aquatic Toxicity of Three Corexit Products: An Overview” Corexit 9500 was found to be one of the most toxic dispersal agents ever developed. Even worse, according to this report, with higher water temperatures, like those now occurring in the Gulf of Mexico, its toxicity grows.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in discovering BP’s use of this dangerous dispersal agent ordered BP to stop using it, but BP refused stating that their only alternative to Corexit 9500 was an even more dangerous dispersal agent known as Sea Brat 4.

The main differences between Corexit 9500 and Sea Brat 4 lie in how long these dangerous chemicals take to degrade into their constituent organic compounds, which for Corexit 9500 is 28 days. Sea Brat 4, on the other hand, degrades into an organic chemical called Nonylphenol that is toxic to aquatic life and can persist in the environment for years.

A greater danger involving Corexit 9500, and as outlined by Russian scientists in this report, is that with its 2.61ppm toxicity level, and when combined with the heating Gulf of Mexico waters, its molecules will be able to “phase transition” from their present liquid to a gaseous state allowing them to be absorbed into clouds and allowing their release as “toxic rain” upon all of Eastern North America.

Even worse, should a Katrina like tropical hurricane form in the Gulf of Mexico while tens of millions of gallons of Corexit 9500 are sitting on, or near, its surface the resulting “toxic rain” falling upon the North American continent could “theoretically” destroy all microbial life to any depth it reaches resulting in an “unimaginable environmental catastrophe” destroying all life forms from the “bottom of the evolutionary chart to the top”.

Note: For molecules of a liquid to evaporate, they must be located near the surface, be moving in the proper direction, and have sufficient kinetic energy to overcome liquid-phase intermolecular forces. Only a small proportion of the molecules meet these criteria, so the rate of evaporation is limited. Since the kinetic energy of a molecule is proportional to its temperature, evaporation proceeds more quickly at higher temperatures.

As over 50 miles of the US State of Louisiana’s coastline has already been destroyed by this spill, American scientists are warning that the damage may be impossible to repair, and as we can read as reported by the Associated Press News Service:

“The gooey oil washing into the maze of marshes along the Gulf Coast could prove impossible to remove, leaving a toxic stew lethal to fish and wildlife, government officials and independent scientists said. Officials are considering some drastic and risky solutions: They could set the wetlands on fire or flood areas in hopes of floating out the oil. They warn an aggressive cleanup could ruin the marshes and do more harm than good.”

And to understand the full import of this catastrophe it must be remembered that this disaster is occurring in what is described as the “biologically richest waters in America” with the greatest amount of oil and toxic Corexit 9500 set to come ashore in the coming days and weeks to destroy it completely for decades to come.

Reports are also coming from the United States that their government is secretly preparing to evacuate tens-of-millions of their citizens from their Gulf of Mexico States should the most dire of these scientific warnings start to come true.

To the greatest lesson to be learned by these Americans is that their government-oil industry cabal has been just as destructive to them as their government-banking one, both of which have done more to destroy the United States these past couple of years than any foreign enemy could dare dream was possible.

But to their greatest enemy the Americans need look no further than their nearest mirror as they are the ones who allowed these monsters to rule over them in the first place.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 12:09 pm

The entire Internet is agog with this topic, with not an optimistic thread in sight...Alas.

One of the most plausible theories I've heard is that the nuclear 'remedy' will be used as a justiication for evacuating the entire Gulf States region. This fits perfectly into the scenario thus far, and so unfortunately is the one I believe they will be using. *SIGH*!!

What an unholy mess...!
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 3:56 pm

Explorer wrote:
The entire Internet is agog with this topic, with not an optimistic thread in sight...Alas.

One of the most plausible theories I've heard is that the nuclear 'remedy' will be used as a justiication for evacuating the entire Gulf States region. This fits perfectly into the scenario thus far, and so unfortunately is the one I believe they will be using. *SIGH*!!

What an unholy mess...!

Shut down domestic offshore drilling, close down domestic fishing and ultimately turn it over to the Chinese, create environmental damage domestically which is either real or imagined (that is really tied to the gulf oil "spill", or not) and then blame it ALL on the American public, telling the world what fat irresponsible children we all are.

Its the same game over and over and over again. One can find the same script no matter what culture they look at and what century they inspect. The advantage we have over these assholes is that once we figure out their rule book we can immediately understand their moves and act/react accordingly. They rely on very old techniques that have little flexibility and almost no agility. They actually don't think, they just run plans that have been hidden from the public so that the element of deception wins out. Once that level of deception is uncovered, their greatest strength is exposed, for they really have no other weapons.

Ignoring them is really just such a nice place to be. They lose their power over us when they are ignored, just as the school yard bully becomes negligible when their threats and antics are dismissed.

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 8:37 pm

The Oil Spill - Page 3 455838main_Louisiana.A2010138.1900.250m-4x3_946-710

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/oilspill/oil-20100519b.html

NASA's Aqua Satellite Sees Gulf Oil Slick in Sunglint

NASA's Aqua satellite sees Gulf Oil Slick in Sunglint At 3 p.m. EDT on May 18, NASA's Aqua satellite swept over the Gulf of Mexico oil spill from its vantage point in space and the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer instrument viewed of parts of the spill within areas of sunglint off the water’s surface.

Oil slicks are not always visible in natural-color satellite images. A thin sheen of oil on an already dark background may be impossible to detect. On this day, however, the slick was located in the sunglint part of the image, which makes the slick stand out.

Sunglint is the mirror-like reflection of the Sun off the water. If the ocean surface were as smooth and calm as a mirror, a series of perfect reflections of the Sun would appear in a line along the path of the satellite’s northeast-to-southwest orbit. Instead, waves blur the reflection, creating a wide, washed-out strip through the ocean.

A coating of oil smoothes the sea surface relative to the oil-free water, causing it to reflect light differently. Depending on where in the sunglint area it occurs, the slick may look brighter or darker than adjacent clean water. In this image, the slick appears as an uneven shape of varying shades of bright gray-beige.

According to the May 18 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) web update of the Deepwater Horizon incident, "satellite imagery on May 17 indicated that the main bulk of the oil is dozens of miles away from the Loop Current, but that a tendril of light oil has been transported down close to the Loop Current."

The May 18 NOAA update also noted that "NOAA extended the boundaries of the closed fishing area in the Gulf into the northern portion of the loop current as a precautionary measure to ensure seafood from the Gulf will remain safe for consumers. The closed area is now slightly less than 19 percent of the Gulf of Mexico federal waters."

Image credit: NASA/Goddard/MODIS Rapid Response Team
Text credit: Rob Gutro, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 10:35 pm

Please note the the ending text is promoting a global currency or some crap.
They tried to slip this by...

Last edited by incognito on Tue 01 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:47 pm

Agenda 21 anyone?

http://www.wri.org/publication/safe-climate-sound-business-action-agenda

Action underway by partners

SCSB partners are already taking steps to focus on the issue of climate change because it is important not only that we understand the issues but also that we understand and control our own emissions.

We have made a joint commitment to follow our own recommendations and to work together toward the adoption of the recommendations for governments.

* British Petroleum. The SCSB initiative builds on BP’s climate change commitments.
* General Motors. General Motors understands that economic, environmental, and social objectives must be integrated into daily business decisions and future planning activities.
* Monsanto. As a life sciences company with expertise in agricultural systems, Monsanto businesses depend on healthy ecological systems.
* World Resources Institute. For 15 years, WRI has been working on climate change and promoting economically sound solutions to the world’s policymakers through our research and institute-wide actions.

About the collaboration

British Petroleum, General Motors, Monsanto, and the World Resources Institute take climate change seriously and have worked together to build a vision of the future that leads to both economic and environmental security for society.

We undertook this project because we are already engaged in dialogue on sustainable development, and we agreed that our discussions should extend to climate change.

We believe that finding common ground and understanding differences among business, government, and environmental interests are critical to ensure both a safe climate and a sound business outcome.

We have explored a variety of aspects to help us understand the nature of the challenge and possible policy responses.

We looked at scenarios to meet future world energy demand that show increasing and stabilizing greenhouse gas concentrations, we explored new technologies and potential business opportunities, and we discussed government policies and how they could encourage businesses and consumers to respond. Furthermore, we identified actions that each of us could take to make progress.

We believe it is important to maintain a robust economy in order to realize the aspirations of business, labor, and citizens throughout the world. Although addressing climate change will be a challenge, we believe that there should be no inherent conflicts between economic development and a healthy environment.

This notion is the crux of sustainable development and premise of our Safe Climate, Sound Business collaboration.

Our discussions led us to three principal conclusions:

* Climate change is a cause for concern, and precautionary action is justified now.
* Business can contribute to climate protection efforts in substantial, positive ways by helping to develop sound climate policies, by providing the research and technologies needed to address the challenge, and by taking actions to reduce and offset their own emissions.
* Flexible and market-oriented climate policies that implement national commitments can address the long-term need to stabilize the concentration of greenhouse gases. Such policies can facilitate a Safe Climate, Sound Business outcome by stimulating innovation, early action, and cost-effective reductions. These policies can also produce multiple co-benefits and reduce the risk of climate change caused by human activities
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyTue 01 Jun 2010, 11:54 pm

What's next, Corexit 9500 resistant crops?
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Jun 2010, 10:31 am

It is the horrific Corexit that is fatally poisoning the entire Gulf. Yet no-one says boo, or lifts a hand to stop it. We are FAR down the road to helpless submission in "the land our forefathers fought for".....our Patriots are silent.

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyWed 02 Jun 2010, 4:59 pm

incognito wrote:
Our discussions led us to three principal conclusions:

* Climate change is a cause for concern, and precautionary action is justified now.
* Business can contribute to climate protection efforts in substantial, positive ways by helping to develop sound climate policies, by providing the research and technologies needed to address the challenge, and by taking actions to reduce and offset their own emissions.
* Flexible and market-oriented climate policies that implement national commitments can address the long-term need to stabilize the concentration of greenhouse gases. Such policies can facilitate a Safe Climate, Sound Business outcome by stimulating innovation, early action, and cost-effective reductions. These policies can also produce multiple co-benefits and reduce the risk of climate change caused by human activities

WRI Board of Directors
http://www.wri.org/about/board

James A. Harmon
(Chairman of the Board)
Chairman, Harmon & Co., LLC; former President of the Export-Import
Bank, United States

Harriet
(Hattie) Babbitt
(Vice Chair)
Former U.S. Ambassador to the Organization of American States, United
States

William
D. Ruckelshaus
(Chairman Emeritus)
Strategic Director, Madrona Venture Group; former Administrator, U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency, United States

Alice
(Tish) F. Emerson
(Vice-Chair Emeritus)
President Emerita, Wheaton College, United States

Roberto
Artavia

President of VIVA Trust, Costa Rica

Frances
Beinecke

President, Natural Resources Defense Council, United States

Afsaneh
Beschloss

President and CEO, The Rock Creek Group, United States

Antony
Burgmans

Former Chairman, Unilever N.V. and PLC, Netherlands

Fernando
Henrique Cardoso

Former President of Brazil; currently Professor-at-Large at the Thomas
J. Watson Jr. Institute for International Studies at Brown University,
United States

Robin
Chase

Co-Founder & Former CEO, Zipcar; CEO, GoLoco.org, United States

Leslie
Dach

Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Government Relations,
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., United States

Daniel
L Doctoroff

President of Bloomberg, LP, United States

Jamshyd
N. Godrej

Chairman and Managing Director, Godrej & Boyce Mfg Co. Ltd., India

Al Gore
Chairman of Generation Investment Management, London; and former Vice
President of the United States, United States

Chen
Jining

Professor and Executive Vice President, Tsinghua University (Beijing),
China

Jonathan
Lash

President, World Resources Institute, United States

Kathleen
McGinty

Founding Partner, Peregrine Technology Partners LLC, United States

Douglas
R. Oberhelman

Group President, Caterpillar, Inc., United States

Ngozi
Okonjo-Iweala

Former Minister of Finance, Government of Nigeria; currently Managing
Director at the World Bank, Nigeria

Göran
Persson

Chairman, Sveaskog; Former Prime Minister of Sweden, Sweden

Michael
Polsky

President and Chief Executive Officer, Invenergy, United States

C.K.
Prahalad

Harvey C. Fruehauf Professor of Business Administration, The University
of Michigan Business School, United States

Theodore
Roosevelt IV

Managing Director, Barclays Capital, United States

Stephen
M. Ross

Chairman and CEO, Related Companies LP, United States

Alison
Sander

Globalization Topic Advisor, Boston Consulting Group, United States

James
Gustave Speth

Former Administrator, United Nations Development Programme, United
States

Lee M.
Thomas

Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Rayonier, United States

Todd S.
Thomson

Founder & CEO, Headwaters Capital LLC, United States

Dr.
Susan Tierney

Managing Principal, Analysis Group, Inc. United States

Diana H.
Wall

Director, School of Global Environmental Sustainability, Professor of
Biology and Senior Research Scientist, Natural Resource Ecology Lab,
United States

Daniel
Weiss

Co-founder and Managing Partner, Angeleno Group, United States

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 12:17 am

Thanks C1.

I just read the bios of these psycho globalists. Are they setting agenda or implementing it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oil Spill
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Culture & Media-
Jump to: