WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid

Go down 
+2
incognito
C1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid Empty
PostSubject: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptyThu 08 Jul 2010, 4:45 pm

I realize that we've all probably seen this scene from the movie Network many times, but I recently watched it again and had not ever really noticed what Howard Beale said during the last 1/3rd of this clip.

"The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid ...creatures that look human but aren't. The whole world, not just us. The whole world's people is becoming mass produced... programmed and numbered."

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 12:22 am

At 8:10 he kind of trailed off and the subtitles didn't pick it up. Did you catch it?
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 6:49 pm

incognito wrote:
At 8:10 he kind of trailed off and the subtitles didn't pick it up. Did you catch it?
I found a copy of the movie script:
http://sfy.ru/?script=network
(search for "humanoid")

-- Well, the time has come to say:
is dehumanization such a bad word?
Because good or bad, that's what's
so. The whole world is becoming
humanoid, creatures that look human
but aren't. The whole world, not
just us. We're just the most
advanced country, so we're getting
there first --

-- The whole world's people are
becoming mass-produced, programmed,
wired, insensate things useful only
to produce and consume other
mass-produced things, all of them as
unnecessary and useless as we are --

-- that's the simple truth you
have to grasp, that human existence
is an utterly futile and purposeless
thing --

-- because once you've grasped that,
then the whole universe becomes
orderly and comprehensible --

-- We are right now living in what
has to be called a corporate
society, a corporate world, a
corporate universe. This world
quite simply is a vast cosmology of
small corporations orbiting around
larger corporations who, in turn,
revolve around giant corporations --

-- and this whole, endless, ultimate
cosmology is expressly designed for
the production and consumption of
useless things --

Back to top Go down
Ben Steigmann

Ben Steigmann

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 7:09 pm

There are multiple points to reflect on here. First, the Arthur Jensen reminds me of the Architect from the matrix, who acts as emissary from the Global Beehive to act as a threat interceptor. There are a few quotes I wanted to highlight:

"It has been since man crawled out of the slime..."

This reflects Occult Eugenics/Darwinism that is used to justify stratification in the Beehive.

There are no nations, there are no peoples ... There is only one holistic system of systems.

Here he externalizes the hierarchy, revealing the reality of the Global Beehive.

"dominion of dollars ... international system of currency ... is the natural order of things today"

For those who are unaware of all the details of this, please see the following package, wherein you will find works by Mullins and Brown, as well as primary sources: http://www.mediafire.com/?mr14lwh2vmz

"There is no America. There is no Democracy... The world is a collage of corporations... the world is a business."

And indeed this is true. Corporations are engines of the oligarchy, and themselves are subservient to the banks, which are more primal engines. The one thing being omitted is foundations, which serve the purpose of social engineering.

"Our Children will live ... to see that perfect world ... one vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit ... all necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused."

This will be the Brave New World part of the synergistic Brave New World/1984 synthesis that is emerging under the RMA and O-O disrupting techniques.

"And I have chosen you to preach this evangel."

This is why Beale is similar to Watt, in that they both participate in a revelation of the method. You, C1, then show us that revelation in your excerpt.
Back to top Go down
offthepage

offthepage

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 7:34 pm

One point that I think is too important to overlook, is that Jensen makes it clear that he is about to give Howard Bee-ale a "sales pitch."

JENSEN
How are you now?

HOWARD
I'm as mad as a hatter.

JENSEN
Who isn't? Don't sit down.
I'm taking you to our conference
room which seems more seemly a
setting for what I have to say
to you.

JENSEN
I started as a salesman, Mr. Beale.
I sold sewing machines and automobile
parts, hair brushes and electronic
equipment. They say I can sell
anything.
I'd like to try and sell
something to you
--
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 8:18 pm

Quote :
thing --

This statement is not only completely false, but also inherently evil. Anyone agree or disagree..?
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 10:59 pm

ArtificialThought wrote:
Quote :
thing --

This statement is not only completely false, but also inherently evil. Anyone agree or disagree..?
Agree.

He's just selling to the public what his bosses want him to push. A front man. A message boy. Call it whatever you want, his character illustrates the fallacy of the media personality.

Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 3:57 am

Just more sound bytes to turn man's mind into goo. The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid Icon_rabbit
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 11:56 am

ArtificialThought wrote:
Just more sound bytes to turn man's mind into goo. The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid Icon_rabbit
I think our biggest repeated mistake throughout history has been listening to these psychopaths and taking them and their words seriously. We should just follow our hearts, and I think we would be far better off.

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 3:22 pm

offthepage wrote:
One point that I think is too important to overlook, is that Jensen makes it clear that he is about to give Howard Bee-ale a "sales pitch."

JENSEN
How are you now?

HOWARD
I'm as mad as a hatter.

JENSEN
Who isn't? Don't sit down.
I'm taking you to our conference
room which seems more seemly a
setting for what I have to say
to you.

JENSEN
I started as a salesman, Mr. Beale.
I sold sewing machines and automobileparts, hair brushes and electronic
equipment. They say I can sell
anything.
I'd like to try and sell
something to you
--

WHY does Beale buy Jensen's oratory - to prove that: Yes, humanity (as represented by Beale) really are just mindless sheep, even when forewarned, as here??
I wonder which 'side' Paddy Chayevsky was on....... silent hmmmm..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid   The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid Empty

Back to top Go down

The Whole World is Becoming Humanoid
Page 1 of 1