WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) Empty
PostSubject: Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)   Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 4:08 pm

I posted the version 2.0 for the sake of brevity (not sure what the differences are), but the first version contains 17 videos. Number 9 was missing from 2.0, so I inserted the one from the original. I thought that #9 was important as it discusses values.

Here is a link to the original 17 videos, the one I watched: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D688153FDB922DE8
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)   Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 4:13 pm

Number 3 states that A=A and "existence exists". Basically similar to ScoutsHonor's post from the other thread:

Quote :
1. Reality exists as an objective absolute—facts are facts, independent of man’s feelings, wishes, hopes or fears.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

PostSubject: Re: Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)   Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 4:20 pm

I like the philosophy of #8 regarding the initiation of force. "Morality ends where the gun begins."

I would choose sophisticated methods of persuasion and social engineering over Stalin's/Hitler's concentration camps and use of state terror, any day.

At least with the former, I as an individual, can transcend those systems of control and remain free.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)   Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 11:03 pm

Quote :
I posted the version 2.0 for the sake of brevity (not sure what the differences are), but the first version contains 17 videos. Number 9 was missing from 2.0, so I inserted the one from the original. I thought that #9 was important as it discusses values.

Here is a link to the original 17 videos, the one I watched: https://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D688153FDB922DE8
Thank you for this amazing post -- I had no idea anything like this existed!
It's a long-held dream of mine-- to actually hear the words "This is John Galt speaking" spoken, and it would be hard to express how nice it is to be able to view ALL of these videos!!! VBGrin!

Many thanks, AT :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)   Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism) Empty

Back to top Go down

Video summary of the philosophy of Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged speech on capitalism)
Page 1 of 1