WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Nanny State--Because They "Care"??

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  Empty
PostSubject: Nanny State--Because They "Care"??    Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  EmptyFri 15 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

WC Douglass, M.D.
TheDouglassReport@newmarkethealth.com

Daily Dose with William Campbell Douglass II, M.D.

Freedom Friday: New push for sin taxes aims to hit you in the shopping cart:

Big Mother is at it again -- and since you won't willingly follow her bad advice, she's getting ready to make you pay the price.

In the latest push for a "sin tax," Nanny State researchers claim the only way to get people to eat "healthy" foods is to force them to -- and the only way to force them to is to hit them right in the wallet.

POW! Watch the price of everything you love rise by at least 20 percent.

I'm not even exaggerating here -- according to the new study in Lancet, researchers claim sin taxes have to increase food prices by a minimum of 20 percent to make a dent in eating habits.

They suggest starting with soda, since that's something we all can agree is bad.

But that's just a sneaky way to get their foot in the door -- because the researchers even admit this isn't about soda.

Once people accept the soda tax, it'll be easier to tax everything else -- and believe you me, it won't be long before they start taxing the steak right off your plate and the cream right out of your fridge.

Don't believe me? Just look at the sin taxes already in place -- like the one unleashed on Denmark last year. It hit all saturated fats -- HEALTHY saturated fats -- and caused the price of butter, cheese, and other staples to shoot through the roof.

But really, this isn't about picking the right or wrong "sins" to tax. It's the idea of taxing them at all -- because what business does the government have in your cupboard anyway?

NONE!

If there's any right more basic than the right to feed yourself and your family, I don't know what is. But that right is being taken away every day as communities across the country tax, restrict and even ban fat, salt, sugar, and more (and don't even get me started on booze and tobacco).

You can bet this is only going to get worse in the coming years. It's time to grab your steak knife and fight back -- before it's too late.

========
NOTE: What SOBs they are!
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Nanny State--Because They "Care"??    Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 1:29 pm

The more I research our food chain the more disgusted I become.

Just finding eggs, where the Hens are not abused and fed huge amounts of Soya, has been quite an ordeal. The typical eggs & milk we eat are devoid of Omega & K2, with the eggs 3-times higher in cholesterol, than the pasture-raised eggs. Lack of these nutrients & vitamins have all sorts of negative effects over the long term.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: ...We Still Have Smoothies    Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  EmptyTue 19 Jun 2012, 11:31 pm

C1 wrote:
The more I research our food chain the more disgusted I become.

Just finding eggs, where the Hens are not abused and fed huge amounts of Soya, has been quite an ordeal. The typical eggs & milk we eat are devoid of Omega & K2, with the eggs 3-times higher in cholesterol, than the pasture-raised eggs. Lack of these nutrients & vitamins have all sorts of negative effects over the long term.

It's bad out there, for sure. Pretty much par for the course, with the attirude being: Let's see if we can
trick the 'sheeple' into eating/drinking something ELSE that's dangerous...

However, we still have *some* very good stuff available and I for one am going to drink as many of these as I can; they are really delicious. Yum!

Very Happy Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOpWphj7hop4R_bpMj89plD3vaATeQGuxziLq4h5ijZTWAJ0NXMg

BEST STRAWBERRY BANANA SMOOTHIE
4 large strawberries, fresh or frozen
1/2 c. milk
1 ripe banana
5 ice cubes
1 1/2 tsp. sugar (opt.)
Combine strawberries, milk, banana and ice. Blend until perfectly smooth. Add sugar. Blend for 1 minute.
Makes approximately 32 oz.*

*Recommend adding 1/2 cup Vanilla
ice cream for creaminess

Servings: 4
Yield: 32 oz

Nutrition (per 8 oz. serving): 53 calories, less than 1g total fat, 2.4mg cholesterol, 13.1mg sodium, 179mg potassium, 11.1g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 7.6g sugar, 1.5g protein, less than 1g saturated fat, less than 1mg iron, 11.8mcg folate, 39.5mg phosphorus, 78.7IU Vitamin A, less than 1mcg Vitamin B12, 13.2mg Vitamin C, 13.1IU Vitamin D. Wink Wink

Submitted by: Samantha Boyce

Last edited by ScoutsHonor on Tue 19 Jun 2012, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nanny State--Because They "Care"??    Nanny State--Because They "Care"??  Empty

Back to top Go down

Nanny State--Because They "Care"??
Page 1 of 1