WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Water Health & Filtration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Water Health & Filtration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

Yup, good point. Thanks for clarifying.... as Ellul would characterize, we're living more and more in "man's" world and less and less in the "Kingdom".

PS. With respect to Municipal Water Supplies, we have a really high-end 5-filter reverse osmosis water system for drinking water. Can you speculate on how good this might work in removing the bad stuff their inserting into our water supplies?[

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
SatyaPranava

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 6:01 pm

i don't know your water system specifically does, but the downside of the excellent systems out there is that most get out almost all the bad stuff, but they get rid of all the good stuff as well. Also, reverse osmosis-ed water is dead water and its structure has been changed drastically. this is important because of chemical gradients in the water (i.e. if you put demineralized water in a solution containing mineral rich cells, it will dilute the liquid outside the cell and the minerals from inside the cell flow out, leaving the cells more vulnerable).

there are solutions to these problems, and even cheap ones at that. putting a little freshly squeezed lemon juice in your water will remineralize it and recrystalize it. So will adding a bit of Celtic Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt (no white salt, which is just pure sodium chloride, and considered by many to be a poison). Sunlight will recrystalize (in 1/2 gallon ball jars left out in the sun throughout a sunny day). but pipes and many storage containers are actually deleterious to water health. hence the reason why throughout most of human history water was fetched and brought fresh from either a flowing water source of surface or ground water (i.e. stream or underground well).

getting back to your specific question: filtration is used to remove larger particles (petrochemicals, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals that have large ionic size, larger bacteria, etc). but some of the most dangerous chemicals (think fluorides, chlorides, etc) are very small and very potent in their ability to bind electronegatively. thus they are hard to get out. Arsenic is also hard to remove in all of its forms. in addition to many other things. so the problem nuggetized is thus: it's hard to remove all the bad stuff and still retain all good stuff, and vice versa.

so I'd recommend a really good filter, but utilizing some of those other methods to help bring the water back to its natural state. btw, eating fruits and veggies is a source of mineral-rich, highly structured water, and is the most nutritious source (assuming non-industrialized organic standards or beyond are met).

good luck and let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
SatyaPranava

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptyFri 02 Mar 2012, 6:05 pm

btw, two technologies we have used and like (although all non-natural forms have their strengths and weaknesses) are the Big Berkey (with the fluoride/arsenic additions) and the Kangen ionzers (though they are "electrified" sources of water, which some don't like).

here's also a list of systems which are "independently" certified (and I understand pretty good, but I would not still suspect monetary interests may color these, do your own DD).

http://nsf.org/Certified/DWTU/Listings.asp?TradeName=&Standard=&ProductType=&PlantState=&PlantCountry=&PlantRegion=&submit3=SEARCH&hdModlStd=ModlStd
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptySat 03 Mar 2012, 8:33 pm

I'll take a look at the system that we have and post it here, as I don't recall the model off hand. But I like your idea of adding salt to the mix.. .will try.

PS. I do recall a tech telling me that our system filtered-out flouride.

Back to top Go down
SatyaPranava

PostSubject: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptySun 04 Mar 2012, 1:11 am

excellent. well then that's a start. but if you post it here, others may be able to help, but I'm not sure how much I will, as I'm not an expert in all the diffferent systems, nor all the spurious claims of what models do and don't do.

but again, RO is such a tight membrane, I can imagine it would get some fluoride out. and while I cannot say for sure how those each system handles fluoride, the basic problem as I see it, is that a fluoride ion, is actually smaller than a water molecule. But i'm not sure its fluoride ions that are actually in the water. and the "fluoride" that's added comes in so many toxic forms that each would have its own organic chemistry soup. but knowing that RO water is essentially dead, bc it pulls out all of the minerals, I would imagine it could get at least SOME if not much fluoride out. but I can also imagine a scenario (described above) in which it does not.

I might consider writing the manufacturer to ask how they remove fluoride from the water in their system.
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptySat 10 Mar 2012, 9:41 pm

It looks like we have a 6-stage reverse osmosis filtration system, mostly with RO Systems filters. Otherwise, it seems to be a hodge-podge of different vendor's equipment.

I bought a small package of Celtic Sea Salt and have started using that exclusively in our food. I read up on it and tried some in my water just before I went to sleep, and I slept better than I had in 6 months, which was one of the benefits that I read.

I've also purchased some Meyer Lemons and been adding that to my water as well - it tastes better Smile

Now I"m off researching shower head water filters, looking at the various methods for removing Chlorine & other contaminants, as I understand that much of these are now getting into our system via skin and vapor inhalation.

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration EmptySun 11 Mar 2012, 11:06 am

C1 wrote:
It looks like we have a 6-stage reverse osmosis filtration system, mostly with RO Systems filters. Otherwise, it seems to be a hodge-podge of different vendor's equipment.

I bought a small package of Celtic Sea Salt and have started using that exclusively in our food. I read up on it and tried some in my water just before I went to sleep, and I slept better than I had in 6 months, which was one of the benefits that I read.

I've also purchased some Meyer Lemons and been adding that to my water as well - it tastes better Smile

Now I"m off researching shower head water filters, looking at the various methods for removing Chlorine & other contaminants, as I understand that much of these are now getting into our system via skin and vapor inhalation.

This is very helpful stuff...Thanks!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water Health & Filtration   Water Health & Filtration Empty

Back to top Go down

Water Health & Filtration
Page 1 of 1