WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute

Go down 
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute Empty
PostSubject: Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute   Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

"The edge of chaos is where information gets its foot in the door in the physical world, where it gets the upper hand over energy."

Of course, people (the public) are "energy" in Chris' paradigm

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
C1
Admin
C1

Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute   Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute EmptyFri 01 Jul 2011, 12:46 am

Looking for context on this thought I found an interview in which Langston used the analogy of a cell membrane. He said "did you know that cell membranes are barely poised between a solid and liquid state?" The membrane is where most molecule change occurs for cell activity. Langston sees this as an example of transition point. He visualises being in the position of putting input at "the transition point between order and chaos". He said it not only 'buys you exquisite control', but 'buys you the possibility that information processing can become and important part of the dynamics of the system."

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com

Chris Langston, Sante Fe Institute
Page 1 of 1