WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Steigmann

Ben Steigmann

Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum Empty
PostSubject: Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum   Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 11:38 pm

I'd now like to bring your attention to a very preceptive comment made by Philip K. Dick:

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. … So I ask, in my writing, what is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind.” Philip K. Dick, How to Build a Universe That Doesn't Fall Apart Two Days Later, 1978.
Back to top Go down
offthepage

offthepage

PostSubject: Re: Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum   Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum EmptyMon 30 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

I distrust their motives Smile

Who was this guy? Gotta look up his book. Thanks for posting.

You know, I stopped believing in the media... And guess what, they went away... at least for me they did. Smile
Back to top Go down
Germanic Fox

PostSubject: Re: Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum   Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum EmptyTue 19 Nov 2013, 11:51 am

Offthepage wrote:
I distrust their motives Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum Icon_smile

Who was this guy? Gotta look up his book. Thanks for posting.

You know, I stopped believing in the media... And guess what, they went away... at least for me they did. Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum Icon_smile
He is my favorite author and he envisioned much of today's world... You can buy his books at any good store.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum   Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum Empty

Back to top Go down

Philip K. Dick on the Simulacrum
Page 1 of 1