WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Consider this quote from Julian Huxley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ben Steigmann

Ben Steigmann

Consider this quote from Julian Huxley Empty
PostSubject: Consider this quote from Julian Huxley   Consider this quote from Julian Huxley EmptySat 14 Aug 2010, 11:54 pm

"That [fundamental] task [of UNESCO] is to help the emergence of a single world culture, with its own philosophy and background of ideas, and with its own broad purpose. This is opportune, since this is the first time in history that the scaffolding and the mechanisms for world unification have become available, and also the first time that man has had the means (in the shape of scientific discovery and its applications) of laying a world-wide foundation for the minimum physical welfare of the entire human species. And it is necessary, for at the moment two opposing philosophies of life confront each other from the West and from the East, and not only impede the achievement of unity but threaten to become the foci of actual conflict.

You may categorise the two philosophies as two super-nationalisms; or as individualism versus collectivism; or as the American versus the Russian way of life; or as capitalism versus communism; or as Christianity versus Marxism; or in half a dozen other ways. The fact of their opposition remains and the further fact that round each of them are crystallising the lives and thoughts and political aspirations of hundreds of millions of human beings. Can this conflict be avoided, these opposites be reconciled, this antitheses be resolved in a higher syntheses? I believe not only that this can happen, but that, through the inexorable dialectic of evolution, it must happen - only I do not know whether it will happen before or after another war." (Julian Huxley, "UNESCO: It's Purpose and It's Philosophy", p. 61)
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Consider this quote from Julian Huxley   Consider this quote from Julian Huxley EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 2:33 pm

Today the red scare has been transferred to a hyper-alarmist fear of the east in the form of Islam.

Same dialectical process rules though, east vs. west. But unlike many I think that the dialectic can, in certain places and times, be very real to TPTB, in even the very highest echelons of power.
Back to top Go down
Ben Steigmann

Ben Steigmann

PostSubject: Re: Consider this quote from Julian Huxley   Consider this quote from Julian Huxley EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 5:15 pm

I see the Neo-Con/Zionist preference for how they wish to conduct war, and the Tri-Lateralist/Brzezinski -style of war, converging at the target of Iran.

We both know about the clash of civilizations dialectic.

My question is, what do you think of the supposed diaectic between the Anglo-Dutch-American-Zionist empire, and Iran-Russia-China?
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Consider this quote from Julian Huxley   Consider this quote from Julian Huxley EmptySun 15 Aug 2010, 5:49 pm

I don't see an "Anglo-Dutch-American-Zionist empire" as such. More like a more loose amalgamation between at times conflicting national interests. I really have not done the kind of research, or been privy to the kind information, that would lead to me believe that such an entity exists. Empire is a particularly strong term that suggests something else entirely to me than what may be going on.

There is a serious and real conflict going on between the U.S.A. and China, very much economically and geo-politically. I think the other sides you have mentioned as regards west (the British, the Dutch, and Israel) and the east (Russia and especially Iran, as an item on the chessboard) are hanging onto the coat-tails of the stronger powers, the U.S.A. and China.
Iran is merely a pawn in the larger geo-political game between west and east, I guess. And ties into the pathological fear of the other that some say is the core of any human conflict. The other being Islamic culture, as alien and incomprehensible to certain western minds as Nazism was back in the 1930s to 1940s. To those who cannot, or will not, differentiate between the Islamic religion and radical Islamism.

One other nation to watch out for in the east also is India.

I would say that the type of war that Huxley referred to is going on, and I've mentioned it in my previous post. A different kind of war though. I would say that perhaps the dialectic is now fractured, with three parties in the mix, the west versus the east, but the east with two distinct and formidable sub-groups, China in economic terms (but with a sizable armed forces reserve and weaponry) and the fight against radical fourth-generational warfare insurgents mostly in the form of radical Islamists. With some failed, or rogue, states in the third world thrown into the mix for good measure.

All in all I'm merely throwing out some speculation. It could be entirely wrong. But sometimes what we see going on may be what is really going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consider this quote from Julian Huxley   Consider this quote from Julian Huxley Empty

Back to top Go down

Consider this quote from Julian Huxley
Page 1 of 1