WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

President Obama to visit Ohio; 62-foot statue of Jesus explodes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

President Obama to visit Ohio; 62-foot statue of Jesus explodes Empty
PostSubject: President Obama to visit Ohio; 62-foot statue of Jesus explodes   President Obama to visit Ohio; 62-foot statue of Jesus explodes EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 4:15 pm

Hah! I thought this was amusing.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2010/06/president-obama-to-visit-ohio-62foot-statue-of-jesus-explodes.html

June 15, 2010 | 9:12 am

The White House Tuesday announced that President Obama will travel to Ohio on Friday. Specifics of the trip have not been released yet.
In other Ohio news, a 62-foot statue of Jesus exploded Monday night after lightning struck the 6-story-tall structure. "Touchdown Jesus," as Ohio citizens nicknamed it, was completely destroyed.

Outside of geographical location, the two news items are probably not related.

Meanwhile, Obama will address the nation Tuesday night from the Oval Office. Expected to discuss the Gulf oil disaster, the president will discuss his strategy for "containing the oil that's leaking and cleaning up the environment," according to White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

Obama's relationship with BP has cooled considerably.

"I don't think the president wants to take BP's word that everything is OK," Gibbs said in an interview with Fox News. "I don't think we can risk going forward on taking a company's word for it anymore."

-- Jimmy Orr
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1