WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Chicks "Waking Up"

Go down 
+4
ArtificialThought
ScoutsHonor
incognito
LindyLady
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LindyLady

LindyLady

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 8:33 pm

Back to top Go down
LindyLady

LindyLady

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:38 pm

Interesting.

I honestly think she should stop listening to Jones every day and become a member here.

I was where she was six months ago.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyTue 27 Oct 2009, 9:42 pm

Thanks for posting these! Looks interesting.Chicks "Waking Up" Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 2:48 am

I think there may have been a time when I was going through a similar process. Full of fear and reversing beliefs into their opposites. It's been about 6 months now for me as well.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 10:56 am

ramallamamama wrote:
Interesting.

I honestly think she should stop listening to Jones every day and become a member here.

One of the worst mistakes I made was listening to Jones every day! THAT is the way to major depression. I believe *all* of the so-called alternative media are designed to a) subtly mislead us, b) keep us feeling helpless to resist the all-powerful forces against us. (And drain us of our money, in passing.)

What I find fascinating is--what kind of psychology makes it possible to, day after day, maintain a false facade of patriotism to lure in those who are lost and seeking answers, and hope. AJ is a perfect example of this; his believability is of a very high level, imo. But what on earth does this do to his mind? This, I believe, would be the subject of a new thread, which I may start...I'd start it with the "Doublethink" description posted here elsewhere, I believe.

Suffice it to say, these alternative "patriots" should be taken in very small doses, indeed.
Back to top Go down
LindyLady

LindyLady

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 11:06 am

It is really tough to watch people going through the high levels of fear, and buying into the patriot and/or conspiracy radio/web. I think a lot of people are going to get stuck there, and never progress, unfortunately.

SH, I look forward to that thread, but my guess is the topic is probably best served as a new thread. I like the idea behind "the false facade of patriotism"
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 11:07 am

ArtificialThought wrote:
I think there may have been a time when I was going through a similar process. Full of fear and reversing beliefs into their opposites. It's been about 6 months now for me as well.

It certainly sounds familiar Chicks "Waking Up" Drunken_smilieChicks "Waking Up" Fresse
Chicks "Waking Up" Icon_biggrin The confusion-depression stew is a pretty awful thing to live through.

Incidentally, it's really nice to have you here, ArtificialThought - thanks for posting. Chicks "Waking Up" Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Silent Wind

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 1:48 pm

ScoutsHonor wrote:
ramallamamama wrote:
Interesting.

One of the worst mistakes I made was listening to Jones every day! THAT is the way to major depression. I believe *all* of the so-called alternative media are designed to a) subtly mislead us, b) keep us feeling helpless to resist the all-powerful forces against us. (And drain us of our money, in passing.)

What I find fascinating is--what kind of psychology makes it possible to, day after day, maintain a false facade of patriotism to lure in those who are lost and seeking answers, and hope. AJ is a perfect example of this; his believability is of a very high level, imo. But what on earth does this do to his mind? This, I believe, would be the subject of a new thread, which I may start...I'd start it with the "Doublethink" description posted here elsewhere, I believe.

Suffice it to say, these alternative "patriots" should be taken in very small doses, indeed.

I agree with you. When I first started waking up I would visit Alex Jones material and would let it consume my thinking. Pretty soon I realized that my face was breaking out, some very minor hair thinning, and a lot of worry. I then realized that fear was consuming me. I said no more, I will not let fear run my life any longer. If some Gestapo comes around later to round up dissenters oh well I will not fear them any longer.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 30 Oct 2009, 6:39 pm

Quote :
I agree with you. When I first started waking up I would visit Alex Jones material and would let it consume my thinking. Pretty soon I realized that my face was breaking out, some very minor hair thinning, and a lot of worry. I then realized that fear was consuming me. I said no more, I will not let fear run my life any longer. If some Gestapo comes around later to round up dissenters oh well I will not fear them any longer.

Exactly what I decided--If I've only got a short time left on earth, let me not waste it.[Because that would be handing the enemy an even greater victory...!!] So, NOT what I want to do, from any perspective..

Last edited by ScoutsHonor on Sat 31 Oct 2009, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptySat 31 Oct 2009, 2:08 am

Quote :
SH, I look forward to that thread, but my guess is the topic is probably best served as a new thread. I like the idea behind "the false facade of patriotism"

Possibly two threads, then:

False facade of patriotism, and
DoubleThink, Perversion of Reason (possible title:)

Thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
youngbuck

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 1:04 am

I'll have to agree with what has been said on fear. I've been listening to AJ for a long time. I remember after listening to him one time in particular I literally lost sleep that night out of fear and anxiety. I'm not someone that is easily scared under any circumstances. I'm known to remain calm in stressful situations. But the spear of fear thrown at me was able to penetrate, and it really sucked. There were times that I'd catch myself thinking of very normal things such as relationships, college, and all this stuff all in terms of TSHTF. Very unhealthy! That kind of stuff will drive you to some type of escape, whether it's alcohol or drugs or whatever.

Now, I still listen to AJ for info, but I've desensitized myself to the fear invoking mechanism of his show.
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 1:18 am

youngbuck wrote:
I'll have to agree with what has been said on fear. I've been listening to AJ for a long time. I remember after listening to him one time in particular I literally lost sleep that night out of fear and anxiety. I'm not someone that is easily scared under any circumstances. I'm known to remain calm in stressful situations. But the spear of fear thrown at me was able to penetrate, and it really sucked. There were times that I'd catch myself thinking of very normal things such as relationships, college, and all this stuff all in terms of TSHTF. Very unhealthy! That kind of stuff will drive you to some type of escape, whether it's alcohol or drugs or whatever.

Now, I still listen to AJ for info, but I've desensitized myself to the fear invoking mechanism of his show.
The fear works to by pass your cerebral cortex, implanting the associated messages in the more primal centers of your brain. It means that you don't filter or analyze messages attached to fear as well as non-fear based messages ... which is precisely why AJ does what he does.

Quote :
The prime ‘directive’ of the human brain is

to promote survival and procreation. Therefore, the brain is ‘over-determined’

to sense, process, store, perceive and mobilize in response to threatening information

from the external and internal environments (see Goldstein, 1995). All areas of the brain

and body are recruited and orchestrated for optimal survival tasks during the threat. This

total neurobiological participation in the threat response is important in understanding

how a traumatic experience can impact and alter functioning in such a pervasive fashion.

Cognitive, emotional, social, behavioral and physiological residue of a trauma may impact

an individual for years – even a lifetime.

http://www.childtrauma.org/ctamaterials/memories.asp

That guy is one insideous piece of work. I don't trust my own ability to filter his techniques, and therefore I stopped listening to him a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
youngbuck

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 06 Nov 2009, 1:48 am

Quote :
The fear works to by pass your cerebral cortex,
implanting the associated messages in the more primal centers of your
brain. It means that you don't filter or analyze messages attached to
fear as well as non-fear based messages ... which is precisely why AJ
does what he does.

Yep, if this weren't the case, there's no way he would be in business.

Honestly, I can't say I fully trust my ability to filter his "techniques" either. I don't know if I'm convinced that he IS a disinfo agent or whatever, but I am convinced that he gets his message across by attaching it to fear.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptySun 08 Nov 2009, 1:10 am

Quote :
Honestly, I can't say I fully trust my ability to filter his "techniques" either. I don't know if I'm convinced that he IS a disinfo agent or whatever, but I am convinced that he gets his message across by attaching it to fear.

Lately, for about the last month or so, I notice he's been pushing *very hard* for us to "DO something!" about the way we're being treated, and very insulting in the way he pushes this point. We're incredibly cowardly, according to him...and if we would just 'stand up' we could beat these horribly evil globalists. What a joke! First he describes the incredible technological superiority of their weapons, the pervasiveness of their control over all the major channels of power (the media, Congress, etc.), and then he says "Rise up, you bunch of wimps."

I think THAT is one of his assigned functions as a disinfo agent: to propel us into a physical revolt which we cannot win (IMO).

Frankly, I don't understand why they keep bothering to fool us, when we are pretty much at their mercy right now--but I do have a guess about that--I suspect they keep this game of theirs going for the simple reason that *they enjoy it*--sadists love exercising their power and if they just destroyed us all who would be left for them to torture.
Back to top Go down
LLS

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" EmptyFri 20 Nov 2009, 5:30 pm

I don't know how anyone can listen to AJ. Once in a while I'll check out a link to part of a broadcast or to an article but there's nothing he's saying I can't find elsewhere if it's true.

I did see the chick with the glasses recently talking about the Ukrainian pneumonic plague (I'll admit I haven't watched the videos in the OP) and I thought she, though scared to death, was engaging and thoughtful. I felt bad for her at the end when she said she was gonna take her kid to the museum before they die or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chicks "Waking Up" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chicks "Waking Up"   Chicks "Waking Up" Empty

Back to top Go down

Chicks "Waking Up"
Page 1 of 1