WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

The unfortunate situation is...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

The unfortunate situation is... Empty
PostSubject: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 3:23 pm

Everything that is written by anyone, on any forum, in any email, or any social networking site, passes through a filter. If something matches a given set of keywords or phrases, it will be flagged for human review. Some people may be given additional scrutiny based on what they have written in the past, or whom they are in contact with. This can also lead to additional problems in airports, and who knows what else if there happens to be any kind of civil unrest in this country.

So, no, I don't feel as uninhibited to speak here as I would with somebody on a walk in a forest. Even though I don't have anything to hide, I might stumble onto something that's "not allowed", without even knowing it. I'm sorry if this affects anyone's comfort level, but unfortunately it is becoming common knowledge...
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 5:03 pm

There are mass meta-readers out there grabbing Terrabytes of content and doing high speed analysis. I recall a radio interview with one of them, it was quite ominous.

Well, it's not a deterrent in my eyes. We can't let these SOB's succeed, as the flip-side is beyond horrific.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 8:55 pm

Well sure, to a certain extent we can say whatever, because we've historically had a rather open communication model. It's just that, if you actually think of "something" that might work to create a change, they will know what you are thinking and will always be one step ahead. They have the feedback loop. You, however, will have no information about them.
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 2:16 am

The meta search that I was thinking of earlier (called WolfRam) actually uses structured data search to create an Answer Engine, which is a new search engine that computes answers rather than pointing to websites. From Wikipedia: It is an online service that answers factual queries directly by computing the answer from structured data, rather than providing a list of documents or web pages that might contain the answer as a search engine would.

Quote :
WolfRam Goals
http://www.wolframalpha.com/about.html

Wolfram's long-term goal is to make all systematic knowledge immediately
computable and accessible to everyone. We aim to collect and curate all
objective data; implement every known model, method, and algorithm; and
make it possible to compute whatever can be computed about anything.
Our goal is to build on the achievements of science and other
systematizations of knowledge to provide a single source that can be
relied on by everyone for definitive answers to factual queries.

Wolfram aims to bring expert-level knowledge and capabilities to the broadest
possible range of people—spanning all professions and education levels.
Our goal is to accept completely free-form input, and to serve as a
knowledge engine that generates powerful results and presents them with
maximum clarity.

Wolfram is an ambitious, long-term intellectual endeavor that we intend will deliver increasing capabilities over the years and decades to come. With a world-class team and participation from top outside experts in countless fields,
our goal is to create something that will stand as a major milestone of 21st century intellectual achievement.
So, in short, here we we have a system where a user types in a question and is provided with a response as designed by the owners of this system. As you can imagine, the owners of the system can program the responses any which way they desire. They can modify response over time so that new-younger question-askers receive different responses. They can program the system so that people of different nationalities, races, colors, etc. receive different answers to the same questions. So, this new system will simply spit-out “answers”, obviating the need for the human to do any thinking or research of their own. Just imagine the power of the party who owns and controls such an answer producing system.
Back to top Go down
ArtificialThought

ArtificialThought

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 2:56 am

its wrote:
The meta search that I was thinking of earlier (called WolfRam) actually uses structured data search to ...

Wolfram Alpha uses internal data tables and has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence agency surveillance of Internet communication...
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010, 1:59 pm

ArtificialThought wrote:
its wrote:
The meta search that I was thinking of earlier (called WolfRam) actually uses structured data search to ...

Wolfram Alpha uses internal data tables and has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence agency surveillance of Internet communication...
I'm unable to find the interview I heard about a year ago with Stephen Wolfram, the founder, but he discussed his inten to index the Web (ala Google) and process the data via his structured algorythms, such that his users will receive "answers" rather than referrals to other sources. So, a system of this type would need to be "open." But I take your point that this is a different issue than survellience systems.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010, 4:42 pm

The NSA records everything. Ptech/PROMIS has the AI capabilities to track people in real time and wargame everything to the governments benefit. (among other things)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The unfortunate situation is...   The unfortunate situation is... Empty

Back to top Go down

The unfortunate situation is...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Current Information Operations (IO)-
Jump to: