WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Truth & Game Theory

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Truth & Game Theory Empty
PostSubject: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptyFri 04 Dec 2009, 9:35 pm

"Can you tell the truth and stay alive?"

My answer...

First, there are sufficient weapons built into the system so that one's ability to operate within the system can be destroyed (ie. loss of business, destroyed credibility, institutional attacks, etc.). While this may not result in immediate death, it can certainly result in a shortened life span.

Second, as truth is defined by the system (ie "authorized truths"), one can remain free from attack if the system accepts that one complies with these authorized truths.

Third, given that multiple audiences exist within the system, and given that communications is organized through dialectics (ie theses and anti-theses), there can be numerous sets of authorized truths within the system, including both truth ("thesis) and untruth ("antithesis").

For me, it is the system's perceived monopoly over truth that is most bothersome to me.

How does Game Theory apply?

While thinking about this issue some more, and after Iparticipating in the Game Theory thread, I realized that they've applied John Nash's ("Beautiful Mind" movie) Game Theory to "truth" telling.

In short, Game Theory is about making choices, but it’s specifically about making choices where the benefits that you get from choosing are completely dependent on the choices that others make. The following article does a nice job of detailing Game Theory as applied to the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight.

So, each of us who are aware, who can see the Simulacrum (as Baudrillard might say), now have to think about what level of truth we can communicate to various audiences.... in essence, we must apply Game Theory each time we communicate to others. We must do this because we do not know how the others will react to the knowledge that is being communicated to them. For example:

1. They may be so deep within the Simulacra that they do not understand what is being communicated
  2. They may react in a hostile manner to the information being communicated and the speak communicating this knowledge, for it forces one to face their own cognitive dissonance.
  3. Whether they react or do not react immediately, they may use this knowledge to put the communicator in jeopardy of being ostracized by the system.
  4. They may use this knowledge as a stepping stone to positive action and may build on it by collecting additional knowledge.
I'm sure I have not explored all of the relevant scenarios in my preliminary thinking, but in this case 3 of the 4 options produce neutral or negative results for the communicator. This is obviously a risky proposition for those who can see beyond authorized truths, and wish to communicate their knowledge to others. No wonder their are so many shills on the Internet and in the extended media, for it's of so much more benefit to the selfish minded to stick to authorized truths then unauthorized truths.

Game Theory basically shows us, at least those that analyze everything from a totally selfish perspective, that telling the truth is too high risk within this current system.
Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
matterik

matterik

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptySat 05 Dec 2009, 2:46 am

I think that all it takes is a needle in the night to destroy you. They have and have had brain chemicals that they can inject to disable your mind forever. The advantage of this method rahter than firing someone or killing someone is that the victim becomes a bad leader, a stupid person but on the outside nothing has changed. This is how you destroy the spirit of a movement from within. It is so much more effective that I would be very surprised if there doesnt exist quite a few of these operations around the world ready at all times to disable minds forever.

because of this I think it is necessary to try to find some kind of compromise with the system of control if you want to stay alive. After all , also the system of control is part of creation, wether they are psychopaths, reptiles, troglodytes, blue bloods or simply greedy.
Back to top Go down
http://matterik.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptySat 05 Dec 2009, 2:17 pm

Hmm, you raise some very interesting questions, matterik! I'd like to give this some thought and then come back to address them. Thanks for posting--

BBL.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 1:27 am

matterik wrote:
I think that all it takes is a needle in the night to destroy you. They have and have had brain chemicals that they can inject to disable your mind forever. The advantage of this method rahter than firing someone or killing someone is that the victim becomes a bad leader, a stupid person but on the outside nothing has changed. This is how you destroy the spirit of a movement from within. It is so much more effective that I would be very surprised if there doesnt exist quite a few of these operations around the world ready at all times to disable minds forever.

because of this I think it is necessary to try to find some kind of compromise with the system of control if you want to stay alive. After all , also the system of control is part of creation, wether they are psychopaths, reptiles, troglodytes, blue bloods or simply greedy.

I think I do not agree with this idea of life at any price. A life filled with the kind of suffering that making terms with tyranny produces sounds to me unbearable and so basically unsustainable, anyway. A better idea, I think, would be to take as many of the creeps with you as you can, IF you have to go.
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptySat 12 Dec 2009, 2:32 pm

I'll be back to this thread when I have more time to read up the necessary on Game Theory.
Back to top Go down
Unmutual

Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory EmptySun 13 Dec 2009, 1:13 pm

A friend recommended to me Robert Axelrod's the Evolution of Cooperation, which is the study of how cooperation can emerge and persist (also known as cooperation theory) as elucidated by application of game theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Evolution_of_Cooperation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truth & Game Theory   Truth & Game Theory Empty

Back to top Go down

Truth & Game Theory
Page 1 of 1