WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell

Go down 
+2
ScoutsHonor
C1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell Empty
PostSubject: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyTue 01 Dec 2009, 6:49 pm

"...the subject which will be of most importance politically is Mass Psychology. ... The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated. ... As yet there is only one country which has succeeded in creating this politician’s paradise.”

- Bertrand Russell, The Impact of Science on Society, 1960.
Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:01 am

IP wrote:
"...the subject which will be of most importance politically is Mass Psychology. ... The populace will not be allowed to know how its convictions were generated. ... As yet there is only one country which has succeeded in creating this politician’s paradise.”

The Soviet Union??
Back to top Go down
LindyLady

LindyLady

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:10 am

ScoutsHonor wrote:
IP wrote:

The Soviet Union??
That would be my guess as well. Only other country I might put on that list would be North Korea.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:17 am

Yes, N. Korea would be a good guess, I suspect.

Hope all's well with you, & good to see you.
Smile
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 12:51 am

I've suspected that N Korea is just a massive mind control experiment.

As if it all isn't anyway, eh?
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptyWed 02 Dec 2009, 1:47 am

ramallamamama wrote:
I've suspected that N Korea is just a massive mind control experiment.

As if it all isn't anyway, eh?
A friend's grown daughter, who is a lawyer, just got back from N. Korea and said she didn't like it at all. Very dark, she said... referring to people's life energy. Guess it is the manifestation of Huxley.
Back to top Go down
SatyaPranava

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 3:57 am

so no one followed that up to find out what country he was referring to? in all these years? that's a scary (enlightening) book:

"Education should aim at destroying free will, so that, after pupils have left school, they shall be incapable, throughout the rest of their lives, of thinking or acting otherwise than as their schoolmasters would have wished. . . . Diet, injections, and injunctions will combine, from a very early age, to produce the sort of character and the sort of beliefs that the authorities consider desirable, and any serious criticism of the powers that be will become psychologically impossible."

Russell, B. (1953). The Impact of Science on Society (1st Printing ed.). New York: Simon & Schuster, Inc.., 1953, p. 50
Back to top Go down
Infidel1683

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptySat 29 Oct 2011, 10:16 pm

Sounds like the USA to me
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 11:17 am

Infidel1683 wrote:

HA,-to me, also.

Welcome to the forum.
Infidels particularly are welcome :-)
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell EmptySun 30 Oct 2011, 6:57 pm

Infidel1683 wrote:
Unfortunately, you are correct. Not sure if you're in the USA or not, but it's become very much 3rd world.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell   Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Psychology by Bertrand Russell
Page 1 of 1