WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Beneath the Planet of the Apes  Empty
PostSubject: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  EmptyWed 30 Mar 2011, 9:01 pm

From IMDB:

"Astronaut Brent is sent to rescue Taylor but crash lands on the Planet of the Apes, just like Taylor did in the original film. Taylor has disappeared into the Forbidden Zone so Brent and Nova try to follow and find him. He discovers a cult of [telekinetic] humans that fear the Apes' latest military movements and finds himself in the middle. Tension mounts to a climactic battle between ape and man deep in the bowels of the planet."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065462/

I've posted the movie trailer because I couldn't find the precise clip that i wanted to show to illustrate my point. But the scenes that I wanted to refer to are when the Apes (representing the mass-man) charge on horse to the forbidden zone and are confronted by all sorts of horrific imagery designed to scare them and frighten them off. The images are created by an underground population of surviving "superior" humans, obviously from an earlier time, who are now relegated to hiding in caves. I believe this underground class is used in the movie to represent our current elite class, showing the alternative future of leaving the world to the mass-man, resulting in the elite's ultimate demise. But the important point that I wanted to make here is that the Apes were no longer scared of all of the imagery, and pursued onward on horseback without suffering any injury. The Apes had obviously long been afraid of such imagery, only to find out now that it was harmless and only in their own minds.

But as the underground humans saws that their "techniques" no longer worked, they prayed to what seemed to be their only remaining relic of an earlier time, an Atomic Bomb. Faced with their own demise or total destruction of the planet, they of course set off the bomb ensuring everyone's destruction - such a great ethical force, eh?

I had been thinking about this scene while thinking about the Godel work, see thread, and while trying to think of ways to help illustrate the superficial man-made forces that are all around us, and the weakness of these forces.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  EmptySat 09 Apr 2011, 5:50 am

I think I'll add this to my movies-to-watch list, along with Zardoz. Sounds very good and I missed it.

Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  EmptyThu 21 Apr 2011, 3:01 pm

Remember, we ARE THE APES!

So, I view this movie, at least its trailer, as a warning shot to those working in the fields of bio-engineering, and that warning is not to let the common man access the benefits of their bio work, for it could back fire, and the stupid public could realize and take back their power.

Will have to see the entire movie to comment further. But this appears to be a real fear, on their part, that I had not considered before.

Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  EmptySun 07 Aug 2011, 8:08 pm

Latest Planet of the Apes was release on Friday, and it's already freely available for viewing online. Anyway, similar meme to the movie "Limitless", which I spoke of in another thread. Basically, they once again create and use a drug to vastly enhance brain "power". I guess they want the public to believe that we're only able to achive intelligence with the help of man made technology. I guess experience and self-learning are now "out", and drugs are in.

I wonder what these future brain "enhancers" are going to do to us in the long run? Perhaps we lose our capacity to ever distinguish reality from this man-made BS similacrum they are building.

What's ridiculous here is that anyone who studies how the brain works would understand that we don't need no stinking man-made tech pharmaceutical to increase brain capacity.

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  EmptyTue 09 Aug 2011, 9:00 am

Nice review!! Especially the last sentence Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beneath the Planet of the Apes    Beneath the Planet of the Apes  Empty

Back to top Go down

Beneath the Planet of the Apes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Culture & Media-
Jump to: