WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
offthepage

offthepage

5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" Empty
PostSubject: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyWed 21 Jul 2010, 3:31 pm

The goal of 5GW to break horizontal relationships (family, friends, etc.) and force individuals to turn to the vertical relationship offered by the state and multi-national corporations (no more relationships with God allowed). This is a major problem if US policy is domestic warfare against the American people.

Moreover, people must also understand that the USA isn't doing International wars for America or even for corporate profits, the USA is perpetrating global war for the Globalists.

The Handbook of 5GW (Kindle Edition)
by Abbott, Daniel H
http://www.amazon.com/The-Handbook-of-5GW-ebook/dp/B003VPX206

5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" H5gwc_close-335x480

The successful application of the Fifth Generation of Warfare (5GW) is "indistinguishable from magic" (Rees 2009, following in the spirit of Clarke's Law, propounded by the author of 2001: A Space Odyssey) "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"). The Fifth-Generation warrior hides in the shadows, or in the static. So, then, how can analysts and researchers study and discuss 5GW?

Other questions also demand answers. What is the xGW framework, which many theorists use to describe 5GW? What alternatives to the xGW framework exist? What 5GWs have been observed? What are the source documents for the xGW framework? What is the universe of discourse that the xGW framework emerged from? Why bother trying to understand 5GW?

This handbook attempts to provide systematic answers to these questions in several major sections, each of which is written by many contributors. While this handbook records many different voices of 5GW research, it speaks with one voice on the need to understand 5GW, the fifth gradient of warfare.

Quote :
I think TDAXP originally called it SecretWar in the sense that one side might not even be aware it was being war’d upon.

Deception is a major component of 5GW, even more so than other categories of war. Much of that is for security purpose. The 5GW effort is fragile…exposure of the leads to destruction of the 5GW effort or at best reduction from a 5GW to a weak 4GW effort.

Deception is used to hide the 5GW actors. This does not mean necessarily that they are in a secret unknown location, but just that they are not identified as being part of the 5GW, or that whatever they are doing is not 5GW (nothing to see, move along). This can also mean that those who are spotting the 5GW get branded as crazy/conspiracy-mongers.

Deception is used to hide or mask the 5GW’s goals/aims. If you don’t know what a 5GW effort is after, how can you counter it or raise awareness of it? Not knowing the goals also leads to reactions like that of Lexington Green that “isn’t 5GW just politics”.

Deception is used especially to hide its methods. This is done IMO by relying upon incremental indirect methods (N-order effects) across the full spectrum of domains over long periods of time. By using a wide array of small steps it is hard so-to-speak to follow backwards the trajectory to the source (the 5GWers), it is hard to follow the path forward to the target, it is hard to see that anything is going on at all.

I do note that it is hard to “aim” lots of small incremental indirect actions. By using lots of small steps, the “aim” can be corrected (corrected=learning) over time.

http://purpleslog.wordpress.com/2010/07/04/capturing-my-thoughts-naming-5gw/
Back to top Go down
offthepage

offthepage

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyWed 21 Jul 2010, 10:56 pm

This is good..

Generation warfare a cohesive explanatory model
http://selil.com/?p=535

Quote :
The model as depicted in figure 1 is messy. When you consider you have a Venn diagram with four elements of the DIME model, all overlapping in multitudinous sets. Each edge is the creation of a new element in the set. There are only four generations of warfare depicted, but each of those have the each succeeding generations sets, along with increasing by another factor the number of sets. Wowser. When I originally progressed this model through the different permutations I was slightly shocked too. But, maybe that is overstating the case as I am sure the model is still not up to the task ask originally stated.

5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" Generation_expanded_warfare_spiral

As we see there is the original elements of OODA, and for the sake of clarity the original version of DIME has been produced in a way it might be depicted. On the bottom right corner is the new depiction of DIME as it more accurately reflects reality. Another reason not to use the newer national power models is that they are made up of seven elements. The model shows one specific thing and that is the fact conflict is chaotic. It is also not very hard to understand why people argue so much about what is war. Even those involved in conflict have a hard time understanding what type of conflict they are involved in. There are so many segments at different generational levels that an expert in any one area can be effective and decry that they know the way of war. Inherently though the model exposes another tasty tidbit.

Look closely at the DIME model. In the the middle is a set {D,I,M,E}. All of the elements exist there in that center section. If each generation is made up of one cloverleaf of the DIME model. There are in this model four of those clover leafs. If only the size of the clover leafs change for the scope of conflict. Remember that we made them each smaller towards the center but in retrospect they could be any size. For the case of depicting the model this is how they are laid out. There is one tidbit at that center set where they all come together. That center section is also where information operations lives. The center section is where communication to all of the varied elements has to reside. Since computer network operations is part of the information operations paradigm we have now near the end found where cyber warfare exists.

Quote :
Where to fifth generation warfare?

Fifth generation warfare is about the melding of different aspects of DIME (within this discussion) within the society. When an adversary engages from fifth generation the military through civilian population can be very much the same. The DIME model overlaps more and more until it is nearly one overlapping set. That is an oversimplified explanation but is also why I chose to narrow the aspect of the differing generations. It depicts how that fifth generation of warfare begins to emerge into the spectrum regardless of whether it is high intensity conflict or low intensity conflict. That increasing overlap also means, if we accept the earlier point, information operations takes on enhanced roles within conflict fifth generation warfare. I am sure there are aspects that I am missing.
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 10:19 am

5GW would also have to be waged on the entire world especially the home population rather than being limited to an opposing country. It is so deceptive that it can be waged for anyone's benefit and anyone's profit, most will never know who the really beneficiaries are.
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 1:45 pm

Predictive programming?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtVdGE7W2cA
Back to top Go down
They Live

They Live

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 2:05 pm

Clairvoyant wrote:
5GW would also have to be waged on the entire world especially the home population rather than being limited to an opposing country. It is so deceptive that it can be waged for anyone's benefit and anyone's profit, most will never know who the really beneficiaries are.
I find this to be an excellent summary! Thx.
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyThu 22 Jul 2010, 3:56 pm

ON WAR #53
Fifth Generation Warfare?
By William S. Lind (father of 4GW)

On War Series 101-51
http://globalguerrillas.typepad.com/lind/

Despite the fact that the framework of the Four Generations of Modern War is relatively new, first appearing in print in 1989, some observers are now talking about a Fifth Generation. Some see the Fifth Generation as a product of new technologies, such as nanotechnology. Others define it as the state’s struggle to maintain its monopoly on war and social organization in the face of Fourth Generation challengers. One correspondent defined it as terrorist acts done by one group in such a manner that they are blamed on another, something traditionally known as “pseudo-operations.”

These ideas are all valuable, and if people try to think beyond or outside the framework of the Four Generations, that is probably a good thing. An intellectual framework must remain open or it descends into an ideology, something poisonous per se (as Russell Kirk wrote, conservatism is the negation of ideology). At the same time, I have to say that these attempts to announce a Fifth Generation seem to go a generation too far.

One reason for the confusion may be a misapprehension of what “generation” means. In the context of the Four Generations of Modern War, “generation” is shorthand for a dialectically qualitative shift. As the originator of the framework, I adopted the word “generation” because I was speaking to and writing for Marines, and “dialectically qualitative shift” has more syllables than the Marine mind can readily grasp (think of the Emperor Joseph II’s response when he first heard Mozart’s music: “Too many notes.”). Most Marines vaguely remember that Hegel pitched for the Yankees in the late 1940’s.

As that old German would be quick to tell us, dialectically qualitative shifts occur very seldom. In my view, there were only three in the field of warfare since the modern era began with the Peace of Westphalia; the Fourth marks the end of the modern period.

One simple test for whether or not something constitutes a generational shift is that, absent a vast disparity in size, an army from a previous generation cannot beat a force from the new generation. The Second Generation French Army of 1940 could not defeat the Third Generation Wehrmacht, even thought the French had more tanks and better tanks than the Germans. The reason I do not think the wars of the French Revolution and Napoleon mark a generational shift is that Wellington consistently beat the French, and the British Army he led remained very much an 18th century army.

While attempts to think beyond the Four Generations should generally be welcomed, there are some shoals to avoid. One is technological determinism, the false notion that war’s outcome is usually determined by superiority in equipment. Martin van Creveld’s book Technology and War makes a strong case that technology is seldom the determining factor.

A related danger is technological hucksterism: coming up with Madison Avenue slogans to sell new weapons programs by claiming that they fundamentally change warfare. This kind of carnival sideshow act lies at the heart of the so-called “Revolution in Military Affairs,” and it dominates all discussions of national defense in Washington. Every contractor who hopes to get his snout in the trough claims that his widget “revolutionizes” war. As the framework of the Four Generations spreads, you can be sure that the Merchants of Death will claim that whatever they are trying to sell is an absolute necessity for Fourth (or Fifth) Generation war. It will all be poppycock.

From what I have seen thus far, honest attempts to discover a Fifth Generation suggest that their authors have not fully grasped the vast change embodied in the Fourth Generation. The loss of the state’s monopoly, not only on war but also on social organization and first loyalties, alters everything. We are only in the earliest stages of trying to understand what the Fourth Generation means in full and how it will alter – or, in too many cases, end – our lives.

Attempting to visualize a Fifth Generation from where we are now is like trying to see the outlines of the Middle Ages from the vantage point of the late Roman Empire. There is no telescope that can reach so far. We can see the barbarians on the march. In America and in Europe, we already find them inside the limes and within the legions. But what follows the chaos they bring in their wake, only the gods on Mount Olympus can see. It may be worth remembering that the last time this happened, the gods themselves died.

Quote :
The Twelve Olympians, in Greek mythology, were the principal gods of the Greek pantheon, residing atop Mount Olympus. There were, at various times, fourteen different gods recognized as Olympians, though never more than twelve at one time. Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Ares, Hermes, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Athena, Apollo, and Artemis are always considered Olympians. Hestia, Demeter, Dionysus, and Hades are the variable gods among the Twelve. Hestia gave up her position as an Olympian to Dionysus in order to live among mankind (eventually she was assigned the role of tending the fire on Mount Olympus). Persephone spent six months of the year in the underworld (causing winter), and was allowed to return to Mount Olympus for the other six months in order to be with her mother, Demeter. And, although Hades was always one of the principal Greek gods, his home in the underworld of the dead made his connection to the Olympians more tenuous. The Olympians gained their supremacy in the world of gods after Zeus led his siblings to victory in war with the Titans; Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Hestia, and Hades were siblings; all other Olympians (with the exception of foam-born Aphrodite) are usually considered the children of Zeus by various mothers, except for Athena, who in some versions of the myth was born of Zeus alone. Additionally, some versions of the myth state that Hephaestus was born of Hera alone as Hera's revenge for Zeus' solo birth of Athena.

http://www.crystalinks.com/olympians.html

And here is the inside cover to Attali's book:
Millennium : Winners and Losers in the Coming World Order
http://www.earthemperor.com/2008/12/08/millennium-winners-and-losers-in-the-coming-world-order-by-jacques-attali/

Count 'em, there's 12 in that image
5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" Uploadmillenniumjacques

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 4:38 pm

Download Attali's book from Gigapedia:

http://gigapedia.com/items/446639/millennium--winners-and-losers-in-the-coming-order
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 7:30 pm

So nice to see you back, Extant. Hope you decide to hang around.

Somewhere I thought I heard recently that Attali was indicted for stealing money. I can't recall the details.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 8:07 pm

Hi. Nice to be back here. 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" Icon_smile Interesting potential info on Attali. Any links on that? I can't find anything online.
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyWed 18 Aug 2010, 7:13 am

Link to a PDF copy of the 5GW Theory Timeline on Scribd:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33606470/5GW-Theory-Timeline
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 2:14 pm

Recent blog article on the generational warfare model and 5GW:

http://committeeofpublicsafety.wordpress.com/2010/09/26/visualizing-zen/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"   5GW is "indistinguishable from magic" Empty

Back to top Go down

5GW is "indistinguishable from magic"
Page 1 of 1