WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

The Oil Spill

Go down 
+4
Clairvoyant
C1
ScoutsHonor
incognito
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

The Oil Spill - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyMon 03 May 2010, 5:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Need I say more?

I still have my doubts about the Iceland eruption. Not the actual event but how they managed it. And now this. Reports range from the pipe rupturing when the rig toppled all the way to N Korea using torpedoes. I just saw and image showing the spill covering most of the gulf. That is of course if that is what's really happening. They can say anything, doctor maps, present eye witnesses, oil soaked birdies you name it to support their story. Seems to me they already cleared out LA pretty well after the levee breach. I've read woo woo stuff elsewhere predicting a huge diaspora that is to happen due to an event. Maybe they're going to give the gulf sates to China. Just thinking out loud...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/03/oil-spill-tripled-in-size_n_560883.html

The PTB never waste a crisis. We're in the problem phase now I've heard reports of SWAT teams on rigs (whatever that means) but I haven't seen much managing of the reaction other than soft shoeing the severity of the gusher in the media. I wonder if they'll EVER get this thing capped...

So folks, what will be the glorious overlord's solution to this one?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2010, 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySun 02 Jan 2011, 5:40 pm

UPDATE, Mini Ice Age, Gulf Stream destruction
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyThu 06 Jan 2011, 2:19 pm

DYING FISH wash up on UK COASTLINE

Imo, the likeliest cause is the corexit which inundates the entire Gulf area. Toxic atmosphere/clouds/hurricanes = dead fish/birds, very possibly..

Last edited by ScoutsHonor on Sat 08 Jan 2011, 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySat 08 Jan 2011, 4:00 pm

Back at Plaquemines Parish:

http://www.wdsu.com/r-video/26404734/detail.html
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: The Gulf Loop Current is Broken   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySun 09 Jan 2011, 2:05 pm

GULF STREAM UPDATE - Latest Report from Dr. Gianluigi Zangari

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySat 22 Jan 2011, 4:27 pm

Scientist John Hutchinson Uses Magnetic Resonance to Heal the Gulf:

Very interesting stuff!
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Is the Gulf Getting Better? A Marine Toxicologist Weighs In   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySat 21 Apr 2012, 10:04 pm

IS THE GULF GETTING BETTER? A MARINE TOXICOLOGIST WEIGHS IN

THE DISASTROUS GULF OIL SPILL SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT A BROADER LESSON ABOUT THE
FRAGILITY OF OUR OCEANS. HOW WELL HAVE WE LEARNED IT?

BY Julie Leibach
Published: 04/20/2012

Two years ago toxicologist Susan Shaw dove into the Gulf of Mexico and discovered a nightmare. The Deepwater Horizon oil spill had unleashed torrents of toxic oil, made worse with chemical dispersants, causing a reign of death and illness. Armed with this experience, she collaborated with 13 other scientists as part of the Strategic Sciences Working Group, convened by the Department of the Interior, to assess the consequences of the oil spill and make policy recommendations to the federal government. As founder and director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute in Maine, she is now launching a new campaign to promote ocean health. A Woodrow Wilson visiting fellow and recipient of numerous other awards, in March Shaw received the Explorers Club Citation of Merit Award for “extraordinary feats of exploration and research.” Here, she reflects on that fateful dive and how the Gulf, and our oceans in general, are faring.

You were the first toxicologist to dive into the Gulf of Mexico about a month after the spill, on May 24th 2010. What was that like?

There were thick blankets of oil on the surface that were being sprayed heavily, day and night, with Corexit dispersant. I was on a boat with a colleague, and we got about 40 miles out where there was deep, thick oil on the surface. Right at the edge I got into the water and dove down, covered from head to toe in pretty heavy scuba gear. As I went down into the water column, I noticed that the oil was getting broken up into smaller and smaller pieces by the dispersant—it penetrates the lipid membrane in the oil, breaking the oil up into tiny pieces, and as it does that, it releases hydrocarbons—solvents—which are overpowering when they come up on the surface. It’s an unbelievable experience to breathe that—it gives you a terrible, blinding headache. A few feet down I started to see around me dead fish, and the further I went, the more there were—dead jellies, dead shrimp, little tiny organisms floating around in this dispersed oil mix. I surfaced after that—it really scared me. It was clear that this was a very dangerous mixture, and I had a fiery sore throat afterward.

Why is the dispersed oil so toxic?

The Corexit dispersant itself is not more toxic than oil—oil is far more toxic once it gets into the body—but the dispersant helps oil get into the body more readily. Fishermen who were in contact with this dispersant-oil mixture had ulcerated skin—the dispersant eats through the skin, and it causes big lesions and boils and ulcers. Once oil gets into the organs, it’s like a ticking time bomb because the oil has hundreds of compounds, including what are called polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) that are carcinogenic and toxic to every organ systems in the body. Notably, these chemicals are highly toxic to the brain, so oil exposure can cause severe nervous system effects.

Has the spill taught us anything about how to approach offshore drilling?

I would like to say that, two years later, we’ve learned from this spill and that measures are in place, but they’re not. The President’s Commission on the Gulf Oil Spill delivered many recommendations for equipment that we must have on site if we’re doing deep-water drilling like this, and none of those recommendations were actually followed. Congress has not passed one piece of legislation to ensure the safety of deep water drilling. In a report card released this week on industry and government response to the spill, Congress earned a "D" for its lack of action, whereas the report also indicated that the Obama administration and the oil industry made more progress with important safety advances. But now we’re giving leases to Royal Dutch Shell to drill in the Arctic with a very shabby plan for response should there be a spill in the ice.

Fast-forward two years: How is the Gulf faring?

We have a real mess down there. The BP ad campaign, with the testimonials about how great everything is, is surreal. We’ve lost thousands of marine species, we have a graveyard of deep-water corals, oil is on the sea floor and in the food web, and there are patches of oil across the Gulf that will be recycling for decades. At last count, more than 600 dolphins have died, though in reality, it's probably in the thousands. Of those, half were stillborn or newborn. Hundreds of endangered sea turtles are dead. We’ve lost thousands of seabirds.The recent reports of deformed fish and shrimp with no eyes are alarming scientists and show that oil-related generational effects are happening for many marine species.

But the biggest impact is going to be among people in the Gulf who have been exposed to the dispersant-oil mixture. Some response workers went out and bought their own respirators because they were not given any. It was widely reported that BP told them they would be fired if they wore respirators because they looked bad. I wasn't surprised to learn about this because I interviewed some of the workers a year after the spill. The bottom line is, there are tens of thousands of people who have been exposed to this dispersant-oil mixture as it blows onshore, and it has been in the air at high levels for months, so even children in the schools on the coast are sick, and people who just live there are sick.

Read More: http://www.audubonmagazine.org/articles/conservation/gulf-getting-better-marine-toxicologist-weighs?pagination=2

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Things Still Interesting in the Gulf -   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySat 14 Jul 2012, 2:16 am

Chemical that caused foam in Plaquemines being investigated

-------
Posted on July 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Updated Tuesday, Jul 3 at 10:23 PM

WWLTV.com
Email: webteam@wwltv.com | Twitter: @WWLTV

VENICE, La.
-- Plaquemines Parish officials is investigating a chemical they say turned into a white foam after it was sprayed on the Gulf of Mexico.

Reports of the chemical started coming in on June 13 from fishermen off the coast of Venice in the Breton Sound area.

Plaquemines Parish officials contacted the Coast Guard, who told them it is a mock dispersant sprayed by a company out of Mississippi.

Local fishermen told parish officials it caused itching and burning.
Parish officials are still working to confirm what the chemical is.

See TVNews clip at:
http://www.wwltv.com/video/mobile/Chemical-that-cause-foam-in-Plaquemines-being-investigated-161297995.html
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyTue 17 Jul 2012, 2:07 pm

fish killer?

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyFri 20 Jul 2012, 2:28 pm

C1 wrote:
fish killer?

Not just fish; methinks Corexit still rears its ugly head, [believe it or not.]
Here is the latest news:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser Complains Oil Spill Dispersant-Spraying Drill took place Without Notice,

Published: Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 4:30 PM
By The Associated Press

Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser is upset that the parish wasn't notified before an apparent drill for pilots who would spray dispersants in case of an oil spill. And he doesn't believe that the planes used during the drill were spraying only water, as he was told. P.J. Hahn, the parish's director of coastal zone management, said Tuesday that fishers working off of Venice called him and Nungesser on June 13, saying low-flying planes were spraying something that turned to foam on the water and made their skin itch or burn..

Hahn said the fishers told him that "whatever it was was burning their skin, causing like a rash to their skin when they were out there pulling in their nets."

Hahn said he called the Coast Guard and was told it had no reports of any activity in the area. When he relayed that to the fishers, he said, they -- and the crew of a plane looking for menhaden -- sent him photographs which he forwarded to the Coast Guard. The photos show long white streaks covering an expanse of water, interrupted by blue Vs where boats or other objects are at the surface.

That was when he was told that planes flying out of Kiln, Miss., were spraying water during an oil spill dispersant drill for the Marine Spill Response Corp., a petroleum industry nonprofit for spill cleanup, Hahn said.

Nungesser said, "Look at the pictures. It appears there' something more that they're spraying in that. We just want some answers."

[...]

Hahn said the complaints came in during the evening. The parish had planned to go out the next day for water samples, but seas were too high because of a tropical depression, he said.
Nungesser said he had given the Coast Guard a July 3 deadline for more information, and sent out a news release Tuesday because he wasn't satisfied.

"People in our parish are gun-shy when they see activity like this on our coast, especially with all they have been through the last two years. We need to know about things like this so we can inform our people," he said.

Comments (16)
do-gooder

This guy is telling the truth. You might not like him, but he is absolutely right. BP sprayed Corexit every 20 minutes in the Gulf of Mexico in the days before the July 4th Holiday Weekend. BP contracts with more than a dozen private airplane companies to spray Corexit. Look at the list of people and firms that are excluded from the new Deepwater-Horizon BP Settlement. There are more than a dozen private airplane companies that have sprayed Corexit. BP sprays Corexit every night from 9:00 p.m. to an hour before daylight on the East Coast of Florida. In Palm Beach County, Florida the people have chemical pneumonia from the heavy doses of Corexit that have been sprayed here. We beleive that it hits Palm Beach County especially hard because the Gulfstream is only 3 miles off the coast. The Florida Keys are getting carpet bombed with Corexit every night to try to prevent the oil from making it through the Florida Straits with the Gulfstream, but it hasn't worked. The East Coast of Florida has been devastated by the oil and Corexit. The reefs are dead, the fish and crabs are gone, it's in the Intracoastal Waterway. If the fishermen stay out on the boat at night they wake up wet, smelling like a combination of diesel fuel and pesticides. The spraying of Corexit now is real because BP must sink the oil that is still coming out of the 50 mile crack in the bottom of the Gulf where the well was located. BP will continue to spray to separate and sink the oil to keep it from view. Don't eat the seafood, stay out of the water, off the beach and away from the coast.*

*This kind of 'eyewitness'-report is becoming our only reliable source of news: private citizens/witnesses who are NOT connected to the official media. Sad

http://www.nola.com/news/gulf-oil-spill/index.ssf/2012/07/oil_spill_dispersant-spraying.html
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 1:19 pm

I'm starting to wonder if the Oil Spill was meremly a convenient excuse for the mass coastal spraying of highly toxic chemicals. I guess the population reduction/eradication program is in full gear now. They want to kill the planet to save it... at least that's how their minds appear to work. We're living in extremely dangerous times. I just wonder at what point they fail... I mean, how far are they going to be allowed to go.

Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

C1 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if the Oil Spill was meremly a convenient excuse for the mass coastal spraying of highly toxic chemicals. I guess the population reduction/eradication program is in full gear now. They want to kill the planet to save it... at least that's how their minds appear to work. We're living in extremely dangerous times. I just wonder at what point they fail... I mean, how far are they going to be allowed to go.

That seems pretty likely, regardless of how bad the spill was what they did to "clean" it was pure insanity.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 10:47 pm

C1 wrote:

I am fascinated by this ongoing disaster/debacle/soap opera, tragedy. I am SURE it is an elaborately-staged psyWar game introduced first into the Gulf area, and then stealthily guided forward. I think we have been seeing this unfold step by step, playing out ever since it all began in 2010--in all its hidden horror. (How shall we hurt them, let us count the ways..) Many birds being killed with one stone here......it is a terrible shame!

I think you may well be right in that it was a deliberate act. Because as you will see after I explain my view of this enormous psyop, it simply all plays out perfectly smoothly, with perfect unblemished evil resulting.

I think it covers these goals:
-Agenda 21 - (forcing the people off the open land & into close smothering "hives".); by making them very ill and impoverishing them (depriving them of their livelihood by contaminating the Gulf's ecosystem).

-Seizing control of the entire Gulf so as to have exclusive access to its oil; while destroying the ecosystem of the Gulf, because they hate beauty and don't wish to see poor/ordinary people enjoying anything so lovely;

-Next, and majorly, causing the massive sea of oil (floating unseen under-water) to completely strangle the Gulf Loop Current, "breaking" it, and thereby destroying the forward motion of the Gulf Stream itself, leading to the disuption of the entire oceranagraphic network of currents--and resulting in chaos to the entire world's weather conditions....and causing widespread CROP FAILURES. The crop failures--which definitely did & are occurring now just as planned, in 2011 and now in 2012--will devastate the U.S.'s ability to feed its inhabitants and are deliberately meant to create life-threatening shortages--starvation conditions-- for us here in the U.S.

They will then blame these severe crop failures, are already starting to do so, on "manmade global warming" (instead of the broken Gulf Stream, which is the real cause) -- so that they can force the adoption of their Carbon Credit scheme. (But of course!!) Of course, hardly anyone will realize or remember that it was they who crippled the Gulf Stream-----and that these are the consequences ot that crucial fact & nothing else....

Hell, what the heck are we to do against such as these? I just don't know. Although it may sound unrealistic, I still think the only hope we have is for God to actually take a hand in our affairs. I pray that He will.

And now you have my entire analysis of the horrific Gulf of Mexico tragedy...hope I've made it all clear, rather than confusing. Heck, it's not a pretty picture but it's always better to know the truth--then if there IS a way out, or a better path, we will know which one that is. And that's what I would like for all of us...the best, most viable, path.

Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 12:54 pm

Wow, this Gulf Stream modification is quite an interesting angle that I've never considered, and honestly, don't have the insight to understand it's feasibility. Links to additional resources on that will be appreciated.

Also, one note I think one could add to your excellent post, and that is that they want the population away from coastal regions, where they can feed themselves independently, assuming the sea is not dead.

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyThu 26 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

C1 wrote:
Wow, this Gulf Stream modification is quite an interesting angle that I've never considered, and honestly, don't have the insight to understand it's feasibility. Links to additional resources on that will be appreciated.

Also, one note I think one could add to your excellent post, and that is that they want the population away from coastal regions, where they can feed themselves independently, assuming the sea is not dead.

It's lose-lose for the locals; if they stay they become sicker and sicker due to the pervasive Corexit, AND subsisting on the poisoned sea-food --
If they leave, they are totally homeless, alone and without any means of making a living..

Can't say those SOBs don't think of everything, right? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Gulf Stream Fundamentals   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyFri 27 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm

Gulf Stream Fundamentals:

How Can One Ocean Current Affect
the Whole North Atlantic?

CLICK here: http://www.classzone.com/books/earth_science/terc/content/investigations/es2403/es2403page05.cfm?chapter_no=investigation
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: "Climate Reality" TV presentation   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Nov 2012, 9:01 pm

http://climaterealityproject.org/
Today starting at 8 p.m. EST

24-hour long live TV event featuring lead propagandist: Al Gore.

All about "saving our planet from the dreaded global warming crisis" .
He says we all have to join together now to stop this disaster.

Sure thing, Al Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Disaster Strikes Again in Gulf of Mexico - Gas Rig Explosion   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Aug 2013, 8:53 pm

This accident occurred towards the end of July, but no further news has been forthcoming. There seems to be a complete news blackout in effect.  
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Aug 2013, 6:55 pm

had no idea about this explosion. but then again, i don't watch any news.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Oil Spill   The Oil Spill - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Oil Spill
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Culture & Media-
Jump to: