WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Fear Factory - Archetype album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clairvoyant

Fear Factory - Archetype album Empty
PostSubject: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 11:57 am

This is music I used to listen to well before I thought about any of the things that are discussed here. I was reading a thread where the word archetype was used and it made me remember this album. There is actually a ton of commentary here relating to the simulacrum and corporate mind control. One reason I am posting this is because I had no idea what was really in these lyrics back when I listened to it, so I am hoping to start a discussion on what deeper meanings may be hidden here. The other reason is simply because this music is fairly mainstream (but maybe not mainstream enough) there is a good chance that it is simply a controlled vector, I think if we look at it together we will be better at understanding it.

I really have to wonder how much my current views towards corporations, mind manipulation, the simulacrum, etc. have been influenced by the amount of time I spent listening to music like this.

Now on to the lyrics:
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 11:57 am

"Slave Labor"

My chains are paper thin, and they're welded with ink
Sealed inside a legal trap, so tight blood don't leak
A contract with the devil for a life of disdain
See me in the limelight, an indentured slave

I blame myself

God, help me pour this gas on me
I need to drown in flames to be free
Help me pour this gas on me

God help me pour this gas on me [x4]

Choke another product for the mass to consume
The flocks of mindless sheep that have been corporately groomed
Ignorance through apathy like drones in the hive
A slave on the prayer wheel in conformed disguise

I blame myself

I sold my soul [x11]

Help me pour, this gas on me

God help me pour this gas on me [x4]
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:00 pm

"Cyberwaste" (this one seems to be directed towards the propaganda masters)

Nothing you say matters to us
Fuck you

Spread your word this point of you
And connect the machine
Goddamned words, ocean of lies
Taunting you to decieve

You are a virus spreading disease
Your life is so sad spreading lies of hate
Fuck you

So you'll seize up in your lies you
Tell up at the site
Sees you, signals and hate me to stand
Me with your lies

Reap what you sow
Your words are shit

Assume that you know my thoughts
(All I want to do is see)
Infect me with your disease
(Tapping only on the keys)
Change your face in front of me
(Safe behind the cyberscreen)
Wishing that you knew the truth
(All I know is what I read)

Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:02 pm

"Archetype"

You must never forget
The essence of your spark
All of that which defines you
Is the essence of your blood

The infection has been removed
The soul of this machine has improved [x2]

Look into my eyes
And tell me what you see
Someone real
This is real
What you wish to be

You must never forget
To modernize performance
Malignancies on the system
Will handicap slow up and rust

The infection has been removed
The soul of this machine has improved [x2]

Look into my eyes
And tell me what you see
Someone real
This is real
What you wish to be

Fuck!

Can you see
Can you see

Look into my eyes
And tell me what you see
Someone real
This is real
What you wish to be

Open your eyes (open your eyes, open your eyes) [x7]
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:03 pm

"Corporate Cloning"

A Clone force mass produced
Simulate, introduce
Delinquint, rank and file
Incodent, stamped and styled

Ill-affected progeny
Tasteless iconography [x2]

A half-life in the line
Industry, by design
Plastic thoughts in my mind
Thus begins my demise

This year's model dims and fades
Last year's model is erased [x2]

Prototype
By design
Prototype
Stand in line

(Fading) Another fading idol
(Falling) Another fallen icon

Life and sex share a mind
Deviance is a crime
Delinquint, rank and file
Incodent, stamped and styled

Ill-affected progeny
Tasteless iconography
This years model dims and fades
Last years model is erased

Prototype
By design
Prototype
Stand in line

Another fallen icon

Sometimes I wish I were deaf and blind [x4]

(Falling) Another fallen icon....Icon
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm

"Human Shields"

So much violence in our name
A life, a silence masked in shame

Children running in the streets
Soldier boots are on their feet
Mothers bare the burdens of our defeats
Fathers are on their knees praying for mercy

Holding me like your shield
A life, a silence masked in shame

No more, no more, no more (no more)

No more violence in our name
No more violence in our name

No more, no more, no more
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 2:38 pm

Kraig wrote:
"Slave Labor"
Oh, this is just great stuff.

So, I don't know a damn thing about this kind of music... I don't even know what you call it. So, I just took a quick look at the band, to see if I could find out whether a major label was pushing them, whether the band members are tied to elite families, and to see what other songs and albums they are pushing.

Either they are attempting to warn the public, or they are attempting to predicatively program them (what Baudrillard calls "Precession of Simulacra"). Perhaps I'm missing something, but these are the two primary alternatives that I see here.

Anyway, I took a quick look on Wikipedia to see what I could learn about the band, and I found the names of each of their albums and the dates of their release. I think that is all I really needed to draw a preliminary conclusion.

Some of the band's Album Titles & Release Date: "Fear Factory"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_Factory

• Soul of a New Machine (1992)
  • Demanufacture (1995)
  • Obsolete (1998)
  • Digimortal and demise (2001)
  • Archetype (2004)
  • Transgression (2005)
  • New Fear Factory and Mechanize (pending release?)
While I did not get into researching the label, or the people behind the band or its production, it seems pretty clear to me, given these album titles, that this band is meant to predictively program, and it in alignment with Adorno's leverage of the culture industry to indoctrinate the public. Given that, I would say that the "Slave Labor" song is also meant to changed perspectives and our self-image.

If I look at these titles and their release dates, its almost like looking at a social engineers road map of the master plan....

Initially, people must be Ponerized in order to get them to do whatever the system wants them to do, which I believe is reflected in the "Soul of the New Machine" title (humans are referred to as "machines" in elite circles. Look up "Ghost in the Machine," which refers to the human soul).

Next, Demanufacture refers to the implementation of the GATT Treaty, which by the way was passed during the Summer of 1995. It is GATT, as Sir James Goldsmith told us at the time, that is predominantly responsible for America's economic decline and de-inustrialization. Funny that people like Peter Schiff refuse to address GATT, even when confronted directly.

Now that the USA has been de-industrialized the public in the USA have become "obsolete", hence the title of the 1998 release.

Next we have the transition from a non-virtual society to a virtual society, with the demise of the non-virtual human.

Then we move into the fully digitized society, with humans conducting the vast majority of their communication online. We have the release of movies like Avatar and Surrogates, and we have companies advertising all over the Web trying to convince people to create a cartoon image of themselves so that they can live in places like Facebook, Myspace and 2nd Life.

To come is our "transgression," which is "the violation of a law or a duty or moral principle." I think this refers to society's fundamental breakdown, which they hope will create the chaos that they can be called upon to control, implementing their pre-planned solutions, or dialectical synthesis.

Finally, I see "mechanize" as the full assimilation of humanity into the virtual, which then becomes a self-encompassing Simulacrum that is totally controllable.

So, while one may conclude that this band is highly insightful and only making commentary on society at large, I would argue that that would is difficult to prove given how far ahead of the curve that this band appears to be with its album release years. It is one thing to comment on what is going on around one AFTER it has occurred, it is quite another to accurately predict those societal changed in advance of them occurring. Hence, my conclusion is, that these guys have a team of professional social scientists writing their lyrics for them, and that they are mere front me actors playing the part of a grunge band executing the cultural indoctrination in exchange for a few dollars and some media exposure.

Do this help in understanding the other lyrics that were posted?

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:31 pm

Nice analysis, it seems that you are on the right path. As far as predictive programming, I see the purpose of it in this case being to 1) create an expectation of what's to come 2) create a fear of what's to come. Both driving towards the end goal of apathy and going with the flow when it actually happens. Apathy because you were programmed to expect it "there is nothing I could have done to stop this" and because you were programmed to be afraid to even try "it's not worth it, I don't have a chance to stop anything".

Going back to 2004, I had a myspace page and the motto I used was "fuck the corporate world". What did I really know about the corporate world then? Not much. Yes I had a job in a corporate environment, but when focused on the bubble of my life inside that job, it was really good for me, you would think I would have liked it, I made a ton of money and it was easy work - I think an important piece is I told myself I hated it while continuing to show up to work every day.

It is almost like I had subconscious knowledge to hate it, but at the same time being able to express "fuck the corporate world" to my peers on myspace was enough to satisfy that. I was happy, or maybe not really happy but able and willing, to continue going with the flow as long as I was able to express my distaste for what was happening in a meaningless forum (myspace).

It is a little embarrassing to talk about myself like this but if people don't do it I don't think we will be able to reach better levels of understanding. My mind has really been toyed with my whole life. Always going in directions that were not my own, always being led.
Back to top Go down
Unmutual

Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album EmptyTue 09 Feb 2010, 3:53 pm

Kraig wrote:

Going back to 2004, I had a myspace page and the motto I used was "fuck the corporate world". What did I really know about the corporate world then? Not much. Yes I had a job in a corporate environment, but when focused on the bubble of my life inside that job, it was really good for me, you would think I would have liked it, I made a ton of money and it was easy work - I think an important piece is I told myself I hated it while continuing to show up to work every day.
I seem to recall that during bad economic times in the UK, Maggie Thatcher actually took some action to make sure all the bars and pubs stayed open for longer hours. This was done to give people a place to waste time, get drunk and vent. So, part of the system design is to provide a release.

Also, in Brave New World, the citizens are provided with the drug SOMA, which I imagine serves a similar purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fear Factory - Archetype album   Fear Factory - Archetype album Empty

Back to top Go down

Fear Factory - Archetype album
Page 1 of 1