WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
They Live

They Live

Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' Empty
PostSubject: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 1:52 am

I'm taking bets that it's going to be someone from the Patriot community this time.

By Jordy Yager - 02/02/10 07:36 PM ET

The nation’s top intelligence officials warned Congress on Tuesday that terrorists are “certain” to attempt another attack on the U.S. within the coming months.

CIA Director Leon Panetta said the foremost risk was of another al Qaeda attack using recruits that have relatively low or “clean” profiles that are hard to detect.

“The biggest threat is not so much that we face an attack like 9/11,” said Panetta. “It is that al Qaeda is adapting its methods in ways that oftentimes make it difficult to detect.”

Panetta’s warning came at the Senate Intelligence Committee’s annual threat assessment hearing.

It was echoed by Blair, FBI Director Robert Mueller, acting U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Intelligence and Research John Dinger, and the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency Lt. Gen. Ronald L. Burgess, Jr.

While no one referenced specific plots against the U.S., all of the officials agreed with Blair that they were “certain” another attempt would be made in the next three to six months.

Panetta pointed to the recent failed attack that occurred on a Christmas Day flight headed to Detroit. Intelligence officers were warned about the suspected terrorist but due to a failure to “connect the dots” in a timely fashion and a profile that raised no inherent red-flags, he was able to fly under the radar.

“Obviously, they decided to make use of someone like that within a very short period of time,” Panetta said.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 4:07 am

I've been seeing a lot of 'connecting the dots' (and or lack thereof) by gov officials lately and it gives me cause for worry.
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 12:20 pm

ramallamamama wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of 'connecting the dots' (and or lack thereof) by gov officials lately and it gives me cause for worry.
please explain

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 12:45 pm

I remember reading a piece during the Christmas time pecker bomber fiasco where white house officials connected some dots and now in this piece above the same meme is repeated.

We all know that the likes of those interested in truth all the way to Jethro the survivalist with half a million rounds of ammo in the garage connect dots.

Why does the media hate dot connectors so?
Back to top Go down
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' EmptyWed 03 Feb 2010, 2:17 pm

I think it would be fair to say that the media's primary role is to prevent people from connecting the dots. Overblown coverage and repetition combined with an emotional angle on every story goes a long way towards preventing people from looking at issues with a historical cause and effect based perspective.

It seems we live in times where these terrorists events will become a fairly regular thing, is there more we can hope for outside of being far enough away so that we are not harmed by it?

The clock is ticking for many of us, we have to outlast this system or it will take us down with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain'   Intelligence officials warn new attacks are 'certain' Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1