Home  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  KDR  Register  Log in  

Share | 

Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin

PostSubject: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:19 pm

In summary, from what I can gather, political operative (Matt Collins) has been repeatedly posting inflammatory and highly negative posts at Ron Paul Forums (RPFs), and elsewhere, about the upcoming Tea Party Convention (TPC).

Specifically, in one example, Matt stated in numerous places across the Web that TPC had informed Campaign for Liberty (C4L) and the John Birch Society (JBS) that they would not be welcome at TPC.

While this whipped-up outrage across the intertubes, it was later found out that Matt was distributing Disinfo. Here are examples:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2511764&postcount=54

Log-in required
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=227309

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2512334

Now, this is where the story gets even more interesting... instead of Matt being permanently banned from RPF, what we basically witness is an effort to:

• marginalize and excuse Matt's behavior;
  • diffuse the importance of the situation;
  • attack anyone who inquired and demanded investigation and an explanation;
  • relegate any discussion about the matter to insignificant subforums;
  • banning of forum members who raised the issue;
  • total dismissal of any theory other than "Matt just made a mistake."

In one case, the matter was challenged at RPF via the following post, but it merely led to the banning of the poster.

Quote :
- - - post - - -

It seems that the primary issue that others have determined is whether Matt was a witting or unwitting dupe (ie. knowingly of unknowingly passed along false information). In either case, he is responsible for what he posted. This is especially true in a Liberty forum where personal responsibility is at the core of the belief system.

While others want to isolate this issue to whether Matt was knowing or not, I want to frame the issue in another fashion. In fact, my concern is larger. To this end, I want to post my own hypothesis, and I do not wish to be banned for this speculation, for banning me for raising this issue would certainly raise even more questions.

It is my concern that what we have just witnessed was a game, where the libertarian support base was the target of an effort to create attention for the Tea Party event, and to possible attract more event-goers and more donations.

Now, I realize that this is a pretty big hypothesis, and I am unable to prove any of this
at this time. However, I would like for others researching this matter to look into it further with this frame in mind.

At this time, I do not believe we have enough information to disprove this hypothesis, so i believe it is due responsible consideration.

- - - end of post - - -

What we want to know is:
  • Why is this issue being so hastily dismissed?
  • What's being hidden?
  • How is it that Matt retains full posting privileges at RPF while at least 3 others who have demanded answers have been banned?
  • Was this merely an effort to generate promotion and raise dollars for the "movement"?

In summary, are we seeing an effort to simply cover-up what essentially is an effort to generate noise, build emotional energy, and attract audience as well as dollars to the cause? It seems that Matt could actually not be aware of his role in this. It would be possible that he is merely an unwitting dupe who was setup to distribute the information and then deliberately crashed. So, it is possible Matt is telling us the truth. But whether Matt is unwitting or witting, it still does not impact whether this entire episode was nothing more than a manufactured situation.

I encourage those here to view the relevant threads at RPF, if possible, especially the thread that I have referenced above (log-in required). The reactions of the RPF mods and administrator are more than disconcerting, for their dismissal of this entire event actually makes one more suspicious of their knowledge about what has occurred.

In an event, this thread is offered as a space where interested parties can anonymously speak their mind about this event without fear of reprisals, attacks or bans.

Last edited by IP on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 4:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
incognito

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Tue 26 Jan 2010, 10:35 pm

“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
--A sign from the Labour Exchange; Arrival (The Prisoner)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C1
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Tue 26 Jan 2010, 11:59 pm

If you didn't see it, here is the piece Fox News did around the ruckus created in regards to the Tea Party Conference...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Wed 27 Jan 2010, 1:07 am

Did they give you a reason as to why you were banned?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
They Live

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Wed 27 Jan 2010, 1:17 am

Back in Oct 2009 I said on this forum that RPF is COINTEL, and I think we are now seeing clear undisputable evidence that largely confirms that accusation.

RPF has failed and will never ever be what it was. Sure, there will still be a contingent of people who frequent the forum, but it has lost its credibility and only the bottom of the barrel will stay there... people who are largely unimportant to any possible movement.

I've seen this happen online now at least two other times, where forum operators believe they can get away with anything and continue to retain loyalty and credibility. It's not always immediate, but slowly the forum disintegrates in to a meaningless space online while the operators handlers look for other venue to capture more intelligent users time.

But mark my words, RPF is over, it just may take some time for that to become clear. But their handlers know it, even if their users and the operators may not yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Unmutual

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Wed 27 Jan 2010, 1:47 pm

I never played in that mind field, but I would agree that the entire liberty movement, in its modern form, is an OP, and Ron Paul Forums is clearly just one arm of the Octopus. They seem to be their to keep the herd busy on meaningless activities and discussion and to pump them for dollars when needed. Obviously, anyone who exposes the sham is going to be dismissed.

From what I can see here, looks like this turkey, Collins, was probably just a dupe - he's a yound kid, right? What a great operative to have - a young kid who thinks he's playing the game with insiders - just so easy to manipulate.

I wonder who the handlers are in this case? Could be someone like Rockwell, his spin is incredible, a real pro. The kids running the place could actuallly not know what is going on, and have bought into the political system. Basically, telling themselves that they know what's best for the sheeple, so they manipulate them into giving money and time into matter that are in their best interest. This type of sell usually works best for do gooders.

Anyway, I'm still searching for a major online outlet that is not controlled. Please let me know if anyone finds any, because I haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
incognito

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   Wed 27 Jan 2010, 2:16 pm

Bert.G,

I really groove on Jan Irving's stuff at gnosticmedia.com.

The peace revolution podcasts are outstanding as well as his latest on logical fallacies. Hell all his interviews are good, even the one with Tsarion. Put on a couple extra discernment hats for that one though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?   

Back to top Go down

Did Ron Paul Forums, Matt Collins & Tea Party Manufacture Self-Destruction?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1