Home  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  KDR  Register  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Closing Urban Gardens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Unmutual

avatar

Posts : 112
Join date : 2009-10-25

PostSubject: Closing Urban Gardens   Fri 22 Jan 2010, 9:10 pm

Here's the next step toward this goal.

Urban 'green' spaces may contribute to global warming, study finds
http://www.physorg.com/news183129874.html

"Dispelling the notion that urban "green" spaces help counteract greenhouse gas emissions, new research has found - in Southern California at least - that total emissions would be lower if lawns did not exist."

How long before we can't even have a house plant in fear of the vegetation police?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScoutsHonor

avatar

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Sat 23 Jan 2010, 2:10 am

Bert.G wrote:
Here's the next step toward this goal.

Urban 'green' spaces may contribute to global warming, study finds
http://www.physorg.com/news183129874.html

"Dispelling the notion that urban "green" spaces help counteract greenhouse gas emissions, new research has found - in Southern California at least - that total emissions would be lower if lawns did not exist."

How long before we can't even have a house plant in fear of the vegetation police?
House plants are one of my favorite things, too. In truth, they will keep on pushing us until we're FORCED to fight back or die (spiritually). IMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SatyaPranava



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:35 am

it's interesting that you mention house plants as they are on the list of things to look out for when assessing environmental/occupational contamination in a building. i think it was because of various mold/moisture problems :-)

then again, they're the subject of a book called: How to Grow Fresh Air by an engineer and scientist who used to set up the NASA space stations so they could be self-sustaining. talking about how they take very toxic chemicals (mostly hyrdrocarbons), break them down and use them in building up their tissues (mostly carbon).

but yes, i've started noticing a trend in the past 5 years or so that everything that has to do with LIFE is bad, and everything having to do with synthetic life, engineering, manufacturing, and death, and are all good. crazy how this "life" thing works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScoutsHonor

avatar

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:02 pm

SatyaPranava wrote:
it's interesting that you mention house plants as they are on the list of things to look out for when assessing environmental/occupational contamination in a building. i think it was because of various mold/moisture problems :-)

then again, they're the subject of a book called: How to Grow Fresh Air by an engineer and scientist who used to set up the NASA space stations so they could be self-sustaining. talking about how they take very toxic chemicals (mostly hyrdrocarbons), break them down and use them in building up their tissues (mostly carbon).

but yes, i've started noticing a trend in the past 5 years or so that everything that has to do with LIFE is bad, and everything having to do with synthetic life, engineering, manufacturing, and death, and are all good. crazy how this "life" thing works.


Exactly what I've noticed. All things that bring pleasure, a sense of well being, goodwill towards our fellow man are discouraged or mocked.

That's because theirs is a *death culture*, imo. Well, they worship Satan, right--so they worship pain and death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SatyaPranava



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:12 pm

well, i'm in academia (unfortunately) and I notice it with many professors within my field (I study epidemiology and environmental health science, and then onto medical school). they actually do research (meaning they're not bigwigs, but smart grunts on the ground, possibly following the pack above a little too much, they're not elite. now many of them do come from government and industry jobs and get grants therefrom. but my point is, these folks are not part of any type of satan worship and yet their findings still seem to be in line with chemicals are good for the most part, except the few that are really really bad...but yet they admit that we don't know much about how many of these chemicals/metals, etc work in the body, or in the environment, but they're probably "ok."

so just to clarify from an aware scientist's (me) perspective.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScoutsHonor

avatar

Posts : 1360
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Thanks, that's an interesting perspective. It does seem to reflect a strangely careless attitude towards 'life', I'd say. Crying or Very sad


Last edited by ScoutsHonor on Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SatyaPranava



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Wed 29 Feb 2012, 6:09 pm

for me, it's best explained by a larger culture of life away from evolutionary "life," i.e. the life that humans and other organisms have known for millennia. thus, it seems that our aversion toward life, in some capacity, IF TRUE (and I believe it is true), is likely rooted in a deeper cultural crisis that has progressed over those same millennia (think of a house as a model, or a heating source, or water source, etc).

Is it possible that when those who've been normalized in a life-barren environment, that they then associate that with some "new normal"? If so, it means that much of humanity, and especially the West, just has the compass pointed in the wrong direction, or they haven't realized that they've crossed hemispheres.

so the more i think about it, the carelessness, apathy, lack of introspection about these things may be the result rather than the cause. But for me, the Satan argument doesn't really carry much weight in the sense that so many people who are pointed in the wrong direction are very much connected to their creator as they see it.

we can obviously discuss whether our entire society is programmed to be satanist or not by the elite, but I don't think this is the case, specifically. But I do know that evidence of this destruction of life is abundant and has been for a long time, so the fact that we ignore it, probably is top-down.

And for me, since I'm an Epidemiologist and Environmental Health Scientist (and this question applies to all disciplines) are our methodologies sound for getting at what the truth is? If not, how often is it? How often not? We really don't know the answers to those questions, and we presume that the little we know (but can fill many massive libraries) is somehow THE information to know, and a substantial portion of it for us to draw legitimate conclusions. As a philosopher who enjoys a little epistemology on occasion, I must admit my skepticism that we should be so confident with what we think we know or have demonstrated. Moreover, as Einstein said, science only tells you how the world is (and I might disagree w/that slightly), religion tells you how it should be. Institutionally, I feel let down by both :-) but figuring that out is half the battle. one is now liberated from the prison of seeking institutional "truth" and free to discover one's own truth.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
C1
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1611
Join date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Thu 01 Mar 2012, 2:16 am

SatyaPranava wrote:
for me, it's best explained by a larger culture of life away from evolutionary "life," i.e. the life that humans and other organisms have known for millennia. thus, it seems that our aversion toward life, in some capacity, IF TRUE (and I believe it is true), is likely rooted in a deeper cultural crisis that has progressed over those same millennia (think of a house as a model, or a heating source, or water source, etc).

Can u pls expand on this 1st paragraph, as I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say here.


SatyaPranava wrote:
As a philosopher who enjoys a little epistemology on occasion, I must admit my skepticism that we should be so confident with what we think we know or have demonstrated. Moreover, as Einstein said, science only tells you how the world is (and I might disagree w/that slightly), religion tells you how it should be. Institutionally, I feel let down by both :-) but figuring that out is half the battle. one is now liberated from the prison of seeking institutional "truth" and free to discover one's own truth.
First, I'd say that religion and science have both been corrupted for elite goals. So, I agree that they are disappointments and need to be recaptured for the benefit of all humanity.

Secondly, I agree that figuring this out is "half the battle", and that this new found "liberation" can be viewed as very exciting if we maintain the fortitude and will to pursue our "own truths".


_________________
"For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root."
David Thoreau (1817-1862)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
SatyaPranava



Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Thu 01 Mar 2012, 3:49 am

in the first paragraph, i'm saying that basically we're a culture who's gotten far away from "life" as it exist for much of human history, let alone all the other species out there. Housing started as a dwelling simply to shelter up. look what it has become, what is normalized. heating used to be a pile of sticks, or some fire and some stone to hold the heat, now it's natural gas, coal-fired electricity from a plant, destroying energy and its surroundings in the process. water used to be pumped from wells, and still is for some, but for most, it's municipal, with birth control, prozac, tons of chlorine and various fluoridated compounds run through pipes that leach metal into those homes. so i'm saying we've strayed from the path that most organisms on earth are acclimated to call "life." thus, the more detached one becomes from that cycle of life, energy, consciousness, etc., the easier it becomes to have a culture of "death" where the latter seems "normal" and we mistakenly call it "life." think what agriculture has become, or just about any major industry that does something that was evolutionariliy different.

i hope that better clarifies the thought. if not, feel free to ask more specifically and i'll attempt to clarify.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C1
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1611
Join date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   Tue 06 Mar 2012, 12:02 am

Yup, good point. Thanks for clarifying.... as Ellul would characterize, we're living more and more in "man's" world and less and less in the "Kingdom".

PS. With regard to the discussion that did appearin thread on Water Health & Filtration, I splits those posts off into their own thread called "Water Health & Filtration", which is located in this same sub-forum. Hope that's okay with everyone. Seemed to me that this topic req'd its own dedicated thread.

_________________
"For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil, there is one striking at the root."
David Thoreau (1817-1862)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Closing Urban Gardens   

Back to top Go down
 
Closing Urban Gardens
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Club Penguin Is Closing
» Chemical Plant Explodes and Burns, Evacuation Underway
» Can you imagine the public outcry if SY clear them
» urbandictionary
» HSBC accused of laundering billions!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Health & Medical-
Jump to: