WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin
C1

Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? Empty
PostSubject: Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?   Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? EmptyTue 19 Jan 2010, 10:25 pm

While answering another post I came across this scene (again) from The Matrix Revolutions, and believe it deserves focus. Below are snippets from the dialog that I'm most interested in (blue text is spoken by Neo)....

• We are programs.
  • This place is no where, it is between your world and our world [notice the place is called "Mobil Ave"]
  • I only know that if you want to take something from our world into your world that does not belong there, you must go to the French Man.
  • I love my daughter very much, I find her to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, but where we are from that is not enough. Every program that is created must have a purpose. If it does not, it is deleted.
  • I've never heard a program speak of love. It is a human emotion. No, it is a word. What matters is the connection the word implies.
  • Can you tell me what you would give to hold on to that connection. Anything. Then perhaps the reason you are here is not so different than the reason that I am here.

Next post in this thread will address some of my thoughts on the scene.
Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
Clairvoyant

PostSubject: Re: Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?   Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? EmptyWed 20 Jan 2010, 2:35 pm

Curious to hear what your thoughts are!
Back to top Go down
C1
Admin
C1

PostSubject: Re: Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?   Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 2:09 am

The discussion in the train station is straight out of Nietzsche's philosophy...

"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth. "

– Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks, § 11.

Back to top Go down
https://wwws.forummotion.com
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?   Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 1:22 pm

C1 wrote:
The discussion in the train station is straight out of Nietzsche's philosophy...

"Words are but symbols for the relations of things to one another and to us; nowhere do they touch upon absolute truth. "

– Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks, § 11.
This seems very reminiscent of New Age philosophy...in relation to the *absence of absolutes* that we had been discussing in the non-rational thought thread -- a philosophy I find anti-life, anti-reason and anti-happiness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?   Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love? Empty

Back to top Go down

Matrix Revolutions: Redefining Love?
Page 1 of 1