Home  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  KDR  Register  Log in  

Share | 
 

 I feel like... culture-sharing time...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 4:31 pm

So here is the URL of the painting: The Market of Our Democracy

(Please don't insert the actual image here, it will mess up the screen.)

The theme is Russia during the '90s collapse. If you look at the bottom middle with the children and the banner below (right above the McDonalds logo), it says "thank you Daddy Soros".

But here is the thing I noticed today. In the upper right, there are three billboards, and the one in the middle has a picture of the two towers with "ответный удар" above. This translates as "retaliatory strike". Big deal, right? ...Well, this was painted in 1999.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
They Live



Posts : 210
Join date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 5:14 pm

Some sick-ass minds behind that image. Check out top left, with pyramid of national flags, capped by eye of horus.

Well, I won't be intimidated by their sicko imagry. It's designed to cause submission. Our response should be to scoff at it, just as one would do to a Bully. Punch him in the nose. Never ever submit or show fear.

It just reaffirms my resolve. Because I certainly don't want the world run by these sick monsters. Let them eat themselves. They are in reality, very weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Wind



Posts : 261
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 7:22 pm

I keep getting a forbidden link when i clink on link.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 9:37 pm

stilltrying wrote:
I keep getting a forbidden link when i clink on link.

Forbidden link?? What?? Are you on a government network? Maybe try Firefox? Also can you paste the whole error message?

its wrote:
Well, I won't be intimidated by their sicko imagry. It's designed to cause submission.

You have to think about the context here. The country has lived through revolution, civil war, 60-100 million dead from starvation, concentration camps, massive terror, and war just in the first half of the 20th century. They have defeated the Nazis, destroying 80% of their war machine on the Eastern Front. Only to have the culture and society completely dismembered during the sell-off the in the 90s. There is no submission here. There nothing left to submit.

On the other hand, it is an ominous warning to the U.S.

its wrote:
Some sick-ass minds behind that image.

This isn't propaganda like with the stuff you typically see. It wasn't meant for the American audience, and I'm simply curious as to how much understanding can be gathered through this universal means of communication (art). By the way, the artist is in the mid/lower right, holding up the sign that says "where are the <adjective> sons of Russia?" The adjective being a mix of patriot, loyal, believer, devoted, etc. Those who are supposed to stand up when a crisis happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C1
Admin


Posts : 1611
Join date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

I was able to upload a full blown copy of image (click on thumbnail)


ArtificialThought wrote:
its wrote:
Well, I won't be intimidated by their sicko imagry. It's designed to cause submission.

You have to think about the context here. The country has lived through revolution, civil war, 60-100 million dead from starvation, concentration camps, massive terror, and war just in the first half of the 20th century. They have defeated the Nazis, destroying 80% of their war machine on the Eastern Front. Only to have the culture and society completely dismembered during the sell-off the in the 90s. There is no submission here. There nothing left to submit.

On the other hand, it is an ominous warning to the U.S.
Indeed it is.

ArtificialThought wrote:
its wrote:
Some sick-ass minds behind that image.

This isn't propaganda like with the stuff you typically see. It wasn't meant for the American audience, and I'm simply curious as to how much understanding can be gathered through this universal means of communication (art). By the way, the artist is in the mid/lower right, holding up the sign that says "where are the sons of Russia?" The adjective being a mix of patriot, loyal, believer, devoted, etc. Those who are supposed to stand up when a crisis happens.
I think a tremendous amount of understanding can be assimilated from this imagery.... especially using Baudrillard as a guide. It was Baudrillard who said that violence of the image is much more powerful than physical violence. And I think from this, we can certainly see that that comment possesses some truth.

But yes, where is the backbone of humanity in times like these. Frankly, I think it is us, the people here and in other places who can SEE what is going on and is not deceived. We are the ones who must carry the torch, for I know no where else to look.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Sun 17 Jan 2010, 11:52 pm

I just want to clear up the reference to the "retaliatory strike" above the picture of the twin towers. I do not believe that the destruction of the towers themselves is the strike, it is the aftermath that this catalyst will have launched afterward. It is the "new American century", building up internal armies while decreasing freedom, starting with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and meanwhile paving the way to the financial crisis of 2008-present by allowing the 600 trillion dollar financial derivative bubble to occur.

The fact that the symbolism of the twin towers event is foreshadowed in a painting by a Russian artist two years prior to 9/11 illustrates that all of this wasn't planned by the American government, the Kissinger types -- they simply took the bait. And it certainly wasn't some cave-dwellers who have made the grand designs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C1
Admin


Posts : 1611
Join date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 3:21 am

ArtificialThought wrote:
I just want to clear up the reference to the "retaliatory strike" above the picture of the twin towers. I do not believe that the destruction of the towers themselves is the strike, it is the aftermath that this catalyst will have launched afterward. It is the "new American century", building up internal armies while decreasing freedom, starting with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and meanwhile paving the way to the financial crisis of 2008-present by allowing the 600 trillion dollar financial derivative bubble to occur.

The fact that the symbolism of the twin towers event is foreshadowed in a painting by a Russian artist two years prior to 9/11 illustrates that all of this wasn't planned by the American government, the Kissinger types -- they simply took the bait. And it certainly wasn't some cave-dwellers who have made the grand designs.
The Elite are going to make us pay big-time for our little "Revolutionary War" 200-odd years ago. It's personal!

But yes, I agree that "retaliatory strike" relates to a century of war against every aspect of America. Jacques Attali's book called "The History of the Future" is a good one to peruse if you want to get a clearer picture of their plans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 4:52 am

I read the pages in the link... good read.

The formation of a new power nucleus is appealing to ponder about. Makes more sense than the current hysteria about the current one being replaced by communist China....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Wind



Posts : 261
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

Forbidden link?? What?? Are you on a government network? Maybe try Firefox? Also can you paste the whole error message?

Verizon DSL - Might as well call it govt network.

Switched to Opera browser which may be causig this.

Tried Opera and IE7, same thing. IPs pic did work for me. Thanks though AI for the info.

Forbidden


You don't have permission to access /glazunov/glazunov22.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.tanais.info Port 80
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 1:19 pm

Well it's not your network. Some server bug in the website. Happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silent Wind



Posts : 261
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 1:43 pm

Very deep indeed. Upper left. Eye of the pyramid with all of the nations flags underneath it with the bombers and fighters coming from it along with hell fire with the lady liberty looking to be the target. Not for sure about lady liberty though it seems to me some of the fire is coming from her. The minions below the pyramid with the flags trailing, pawns leading the way. Below Marlboro, Yeltsin leading the symphony of destruction with a thumbs up from Clinton. I am not familiar with any Russian eyecons or with that much of their history. Tons of Americas corporate symbols.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ScoutsHonor



Posts : 1360
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Mon 18 Jan 2010, 4:07 pm

stilltrying wrote:
Forbidden link?? What?? Are you on a government network? Maybe try Firefox? Also can you paste the whole error message?

Verizon DSL - Might as well call it govt network.

Switched to Opera browser which may be causig this.

Tried Opera and IE7, same thing. IPs pic did work for me. Thanks though AI for the info.

Forbidden


You don't have permission to access /glazunov/glazunov22.jpg on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.tanais.info Port 80
Same thing happened to me ST. "Forbidden" message, etc. Well, it was well worth waiting for - what a spectacular image! You're right, it's *very deep.* I've been studying it, on and off, for at least an hour & new aspects keep turning up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Tue 19 Jan 2010, 3:44 am

stilltrying wrote:
Yeltsin leading the symphony of destruction
Hey, I like that expression!

stilltrying wrote:
Tons of Americas corporate symbols.
Ah yes, this was about the merger with the West. From statues representing the 20 million death toll of WWII in defending the homeland, to Coca Cola and Marlboro. See the pig being cut in the lower right? It has "Russia" written on it. Everything of value in the country was looted and sold off, at tremendous cost for the people who have lived there. Same thing has been happening in Iraq, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArtificialThought



Posts : 95
Join date : 2009-10-25
Location : silicon

PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   Tue 19 Jan 2010, 4:28 am

ArtificialThought wrote:
Same thing has been happening in Iraq, by the way.

And if you ask about why there is a "war" in Iraq but there was was no military resistance in Russia... well that's an easy one. Those who uphold traditional values and are willing to fight for them -- the religious establishment, the educated, the leaders of society -- they have all been eliminated in the purges that started in the early 1920s and ended after Stalin's death in 1954. The Russian Orthodox Church was the guardian of society before the 1917 Revolution, and devoted Christians were slaughtered ruthlessly. That was the end of the difficult 1000-year history of Russia. A religious institution currently exists, but even Wikipedia that all the high-ranking clergy are actually part of the intelligence services.

Here is one of my favorites: http://www.tanais.info/glazunov/glazunov1b.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: I feel like... culture-sharing time...   

Back to top Go down
 
I feel like... culture-sharing time...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Almost party time!
» chuckle time
» Diane Schuler Was Drunk and High at the Time of the Crash That Killed 8
» Seeking one time donations or ongoing relationship for my twins!
» "Pride" in your culture/race/whatever

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Culture & Media-
Jump to: