WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Jan Irving on .... Life.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
incognito

incognito

Jan Irving on .... Life. Empty
PostSubject: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:40 am

Damn, how did this one get through?

PLEASE LISTEN, I think it was was of Jan's Amanita sessions.

They trip off Gatto, discernment, advertising, Big Pharma...

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/player/web/2009-12-17T23_47_55-08_00

Merry spotted fungus holiday!

I'll see if I can get him to 'drop' by... Wink
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 11:56 am

ramallamamama wrote:
Damn, how did this one get through?

PLEASE LISTEN, I think it was was of Jan's Amanita sessions.

They trip off Gatto, discernment, advertising, Big Pharma...

FUCKING BRILLIANT!

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/player/web/2009-12-17T23_47_55-08_00

Merry spotted fungus holiday!

I'll see if I can get him to 'drop' by... Wink

Great stuff- I listened to it last night. Very Happy
Gatto is one I definitely want to hear more from; I have tremendous respect for him.
MERRY XMAS, my friend.

FTW!= +1000
Back to top Go down
Silent Wind

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 5:05 pm

Outstanding find!!! This is some very thought provoking audio. Can anyone tell me what software they use to download podcasts such as this without having to download a whole series of podcasts. I tried juice and various other ones but could not get them to work. I want to download this and pass it out on CDs to people. Thanks Rama
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySat 26 Dec 2009, 7:04 pm

Thanks for the props. I was blown away, they really knocked it out of the park, I'd say. I've been listening and re listening and re re listening...

Merry Christmas (belatedly) to you also, SH.

Stilltrying: right mouse button click, choose SAVE LINK AS and select where to put the file on your machine. If you have a Mac I think you have to hold the mouse button down to choose to download. Let me know if I can help further. We can't have you still trying. Sorry couldn't resist.

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/enclosure/2009-12-17T23_47_55-08_00.mp3
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 4:27 am

Please ignore our favorite Willie Nelson's intro.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 6:05 am

Okay, after listening to it like 5 times, I'm wondering. Is there an underlying 'compass' I'm not discerning, subliminally? It's a slick, skillfully produced piece, am I being too paranoid? What's up with that background music? And what about this site? http://www.tragedyandhope.com/
My mind always defaults to fake, just another op less I can discern it otherwise. Expectations and all.
Is it just me, should I step away from the keyboard for a minute?
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 7:27 am

I'll let you know what I think after I listen to the audio a bit later.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

ramallamamama wrote:
Okay, after listening to it like 5 times, I'm wondering. Is there an underlying 'compass' I'm not discerning, subliminally? It's a slick, skillfully produced piece, am I being too paranoid? What's up with that background music? And what about this site? http://www.tragedyandhope.com/
My mind always defaults to fake, just another op less I can discern it otherwise. Expectations and all.Is it just me, should I step away from the keyboard for a minute?
Hmmm. Their magazine is called "Tragedy and Hope"(!)   I may have been a bit hasty in understanding what their show/site is all about (but it was late at night).  Anyway,  I'm going to listen again too...Back later.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 27 Dec 2009, 11:54 pm

I re-listened to about the first half of this program, Rama, and found that  1) the background music was extremely distracting (classical music) to an extent that seemed *meant* to be distracting, making concentration on the subject matter difficult; and  2) the topics were reeled off at a machine-gun pace, and no one could've absorbed that much info at that pace in the period of time without feeling much *confusion.*  IOW, it was  Information Overload.  Also, a symbol of a chanting savage doesn't seem exactly appropriate to a "gnostic media" site.....  Truthfully I couldn't bear to listen to any more of it than I did (which was only a little more than 1/3 of the way through) because it was both putting me to sleep on the one hand, and making me uneasy on the other.  So, not such a good site after all, I'm afraid. Sad
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:27 am

Thanks for the review SH.

I soldiered through many listens awake and like you asleep.

I found the info hard hitting and on track, despite my last review. I did analyze the music thing, I'm no student of classical music, but I felt the tempo was geared with the content. It's multi layered for sure, beyond my discernment skills, overall I have a good feeling.

I give it 4 stars in terms of non info disinfo disinfo info. Huh, WTF? Smile

I'm still waiting for the other resident info disinfo info experts to weigh in....
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 7:16 am

I actually thought this a fairly decent but perhaps far too comprehensive attempt at distillation of essential information. I managed to listen through despite almost giving up in the beginning. They tried to fit too much in, and some of the info was "off" and jumbled, chaotic, shall I say. I think this sort of broadcast is perhaps good for someone just entering the "System is lying to us" zone and open them to new topics of interest. The best thing about this was that it re-introduced me to the idea of the Great Conversation.

I think this audio can do quite a bit more good then harm.

Also, one of the best discussions in this audio concerned memes. There is far too much meme perpetuating sans critical thinking in the conspiracy community. Not enough people are taking the time to analyse the information they pass around, research it, and discuss it. We so often become conspiro-meme machines, just passing bad information like a virus from one host to the other. That very same issue is something I wrote a blog post on not so long ago.
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:43 pm

*(Avatar)
*Extant: LOL!!

Mmm, wow... Very Happy Smile

pirat king
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:47 pm

ramallamamama wrote:
Thanks for the review SH.

I soldiered through many listens awake and like you asleep.

I found the info hard hitting and on track, despite my last review. I did analyze the music thing, I'm no student of classical music, but I felt the tempo was geared with the content. It's multi layered for sure, beyond my discernment skills, overall I have a good feeling.

I give it 4 stars in terms of non info disinfo disinfo info. Huh, WTF? Smile

I'm still waiting for the other resident info disinfo info experts to weigh in....

Indeed, the info was very good, no doubt about it.

Thanks for recommending it, it was (and is) a good source for information.
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 12:55 pm

ScoutsHonor wrote:
*(Avatar)
*Extant: LOL!!

Mmm, wow... Very Happy Smile

pirat king

The Welsh actor Richard Burton it is, from the film Look Back in Anger, the quintessential "kithcen sink" drama, and Burton as the prototypical angry young man.
Unfortunately I look nothing like my avatar, it's all make believe, though I identify with the character in the film. Jan Irving on .... Life. Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 9:43 pm

And a handsome devil he is -- ;-)
We are proud to have him AND you gracing our domain. Truly! (bg)

I will be checking out the movie, it sounds like my "cup of tea" (I like rebels, usually) -- and so far, at least, you haven't led me astray ;-)

Your website is spectacular, btw. sunny
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 5:43 am

Thanks for the compliment SH, but I think it's a bit of a mess. It shows the chaotic evolution of my thought in conspiracana in general. I'm now working on completing the set of articles on my subject of the mo' there. Then have to move on to other things. Jan Irving on .... Life. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyTue 29 Dec 2009, 6:57 pm

Extant wrote:
Thanks for the compliment SH, but I think it's a bit of a mess. It shows the chaotic evolution of my thought in conspiracana in general. I'm now working on completing the set of articles on my subject of the mo' there. Then have to move on to other things. Jan Irving on .... Life. Icon_smile

Very welcome. Smile

There's a whole lot there, that's for sure, but it's kind of like being in a candy store and wanting to sample everything you see, but having to settle down and choose just one (at a time). A very happy experience.Smile

I looked up "Look Back in Anger" (hoping to find it on Google, free ; ) but just found some very laudatory reviews. So maybe I'll buy it...it does sound *excellent.* and now I won't be happy until I DO see it.

ttyl
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:59 am

Little OT but this guy (Lavenda?) starts his analysis of the 12/25 fake bombing and AGENDAS, giving props to Lavenda and his latest work Sinister Forces.

NAUGHTY LANGUAGE ALERT!

Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 12:33 pm

Thanks, Ramallama. Will watch this a little later. Lavenda seems to be one Heck of a resource! Smile
Back to top Go down
Extant

Extant

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 7:11 pm

The follow up to the last Peace Revolution podcast on Gnostic Media:

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/player/web/2010-01-21T10_26_22-08_00

Also here is the main page with some worthy links to follow, material that is covered in the podcast:

http://gnosticmedia.podomatic.com/entry/2010-01-21T10_26_22-08_00

I'm warming up to these guys more and more. Also, the distracting music from the last show has disappeared.

Last edited by Extant on Sun 24 Jan 2010, 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silent Wind

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptySun 24 Jan 2010, 7:52 pm

I just watched the above video for the first time, excellent video.

sometimes you just have to slap the shit out of someone to wake them up and he did a good job of it.
Back to top Go down
incognito

incognito

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 2:21 am

Thanks Extant. I meant to post 002 when it came out but forgot. I've listened to the first half a couple times, can't seem to find time to do it in one sitting. Fabulous stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jan Irving on .... Life.   Jan Irving on .... Life. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jan Irving on .... Life.
Page 1 of 1