WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

Questions about a book

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Silent Wind

Questions about a book Empty
PostSubject: Questions about a book   Questions about a book EmptySat 05 Dec 2009, 1:57 pm

Maybe some on here have heard of, read, or are familiar with the book of Urantia. Do you have any background information about the general consesus is on this book? Do the books date from a long time ago? Are they stories that were left out of the bible? I have read a little bit of it, mostly about Jesus when he was a child. Do these stories have a strong following by those considered knowledgeable on the bible? Any information you may have on this that you wish to share would be much appreciated. There are only so many hours in a day and along with work and kids that leaves time scarce as far as research goes.
Back to top Go down
LLS

Questions about a book Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions about a book   Questions about a book EmptyFri 11 Dec 2009, 5:41 pm

I have a friend who raised her kids teaching them the Urantia book. I borrowed it from her along with the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary. It was interesting to read but I don't really remember much about it. The Michael/Jesus connection was interesting. Honestly, though, I think I got more out of the dictionary. Not long ago I checked out the website for Urantia but I'm wrapped up in other things and couldn't get into it. I have read the Bible a few times and I didn't really feel like I was reading something heretical but I don't put much stock in it.
Back to top Go down

Questions about a book
Page 1 of 1