WWWS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home  Latest imagesLatest images  Search  KDR  Register  Log in  

they may get ruined too!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PatriciaWind

they may get ruined too! Empty
PostSubject: they may get ruined too!   they may get ruined too! EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 10:19 am

Yoko Ono did rightly when she launched the coalition of filmmakers and musicians and other people....well....to oppose that barbarous hydraulic fracturing in New York state!! There was a special news conference in Manhattan you know.
Expect no good of that shale revolution in this country! And I don't believe the officials who keep saying it's absolutely safe. That hydrofracking method may easily cause leakage of toxic substances into public water suppliers! And not only that!
Do you remember huge problems in tunnels connecting Manhattan to Queens due to that devastating Sandy hurricane? They were closed for several days and that was really a catastrophe for many of us! We were effectively isolated on Manhattan then!
Now, fancy the walls in some tunnels are again wet! My husband is sure we owe this to drilling for shale gas in this state!! He's an engineer dealing with undersurface communications. The subway is 108 year old and it's too heavy burden for it, he says. Many people can get injured or killed I'm scary... if something happens there. And those skyscrapers... under the subway ..... they may get ruined too!
Back to top Go down
ScoutsHonor

ScoutsHonor

they may get ruined too! Empty
PostSubject: Re: they may get ruined too!   they may get ruined too! EmptyTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:59 pm

PatriciaWind wrote:
Yoko Ono did rightly when she launched the coalition of filmmakers and musicians and other people....well....to oppose that barbarous hydraulic fracturing in New York state!! There was a special news conference in Manhattan you know.
Expect no good of that shale revolution in this country! And I don't believe the officials who keep saying it's absolutely safe. That hydrofracking method may easily cause leakage of toxic substances into public water suppliers! And not only that!
Do you remember huge problems in tunnels connecting Manhattan to Queens due to that devastating Sandy hurricane? They were closed for several days and that was really a catastrophe for many of us! We were effectively isolated on Manhattan then!
Now, fancy the walls in some tunnels are again wet! My husband is sure we owe this to drilling for shale gas in this state!! He's an engineer dealing with undersurface communications. The subway is 108 year old and it's too heavy burden for it, he says. Many people can get injured or killed I'm scary... if something happens there. And those skyscrapers... under the subway ..... they may get ruined too!

I agree. From everything I've read about this process, it seems to be a really negative (destructive) technology; ie, check out the video below:

http://vimeo.com/44367635#at=0

NOTHING here recommends this, the cost-benefit ratio is almost non-existent
in the 'benefit' category, I would say!

Welcome to the forum, btw. :-)
Back to top Go down

they may get ruined too!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWWS :: Main Forums :: Science & Technology-
Jump to: