Home  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  KDR  Register  Log in  

Share | 

Now I understand Ayn Rand's role

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
C1
Admin

PostSubject: Now I understand Ayn Rand's role   Tue 29 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

Rand Corp's & John Nash's game theory models were not working on human society because humans were "Too Human", and therefore did not act in a predictably selfish manner (altruism is horribly irrational and therefore unpredictable - can't be modelled). Hence society has to be made to fit the model (we've discussed this here before in manny forms). Well, the timing of Ayn Rand's appearance on the scene in America, and her media attention around the same time, fits well with the needs of the establishment to conform people to the model, which would increase social precictability and therefore control.

Watch the first episode of Adam Curtis' BBC Documentary called All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace, which I'll post below.

Then go watch the Adam Curtis BBC series called "The Trap", where he presents John Nash's work. If you look at the timelines of activity, it pretty well matches up and makes sense why they needed someone to promote such a viewpoint to the public.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wwws.forummotion.com

Now I understand Ayn Rand's role
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1